• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Walking Dead

Puck it

I guess that we won't know if they would have gotten sick from Bob being bitten and eating him.

Puck it

I don't follow this show and correct me if I have the wrong show, but while channel surfing last night I stumbled on the "hit men on head with bat, then slit their throats over a trough" scene. I watched this totally out of context for about two killings/45 seconds. It made me sick to my stomach. So much so that I told my wife about it later in the evening and we began a discussion on how that level of TV violence is obscene, especially in this day when beheading atrocities are occurring in real life. We both speculated that if just one viewer in a million decides to reenact this in real life - it's a disaster! No wonder we have so much violence in US schools these days.
I like good shoot-em up films as much as the next guy, but usually the violence comes with a moral purpose or some kind of redeeming justice for the guilty. All this zombie crap is out of frigging control:angry:

It is fiction and sane people know it. The problem is that we don't have the mental institutions that we use to.

Tin

Exactly. I know a few people that it would be an improvement.

Honestly, I meant institutions that can treat humanely and house patients. Most state institutions are gone.

They cost too much to run or else I would agree. On my caseload right now I have murderers and several sex offenders that I truly believe will commit crimes again. I cannot wait to be done with community mental health work (that being said I'm with the worst of the worst).

As for violence on TV...notice yet that humans pose more of a threat and are more sadistic than the walkers? There is your moral. We are a horrible species.

Edd

So, sort of in regard to the tainted meat thing, there's something I'm not getting.

You'll remember when Shane got shot and killed, he then turned zombie without being bitten. That implied that everyone has the disease and you'll turn when you die.

So does a zombie bite itself even matter? Was it the bite that killed Bob? We got no answers from the cannibals eating the meat because they all got slaughtered.

gmcunni

i don't like this alternating plot/episode thing they are doing.

and the fire hose thing was just silly.

Edd

On the whole, I think they're killing it this season. I've liked every episode.

prsboogie

I didn't think Darryl met him either but a few at work disagree with me. The other option is its the kid Beth helped escape and Carol went in as a mole!!