• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Time to come clean: Age Disclosure Thread

O

oldhippie

Welcome!

SJR You have been a fun addition to the group and are very knowledgeable about skiing. Welcome!! Glad you're here.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Job / career? I started out as a structural engineer, designing bridges and also teaching at the college level. Then I got sick of wearing ties and ever since have been writing software.

I've found there to be a scarily large contingent of software/computer professionals who all escape to the mountains on the weekends to ski or hike. In a group trip of 8 last year we were the majority presence.
:D

Little Bear

Okay, I'll 'fess up. I'm another one of those 25 year olds with 26 years of experience. But I really feel more like 35 and some people might say I act more like I'm 8. :wink: Yeah, 35, that's a good age. Gonna be hard to stay there though, since I have two kids - one who just turned 27 and the other who will be 22 and graduating from college this May...... hmmmmm...... Free at last, free at last!!!!!

Mohamed Ellozy

Website
home.earthlink.net
66 by the calendar, and right now I feel it since my back restricted my hiking to a few "living room to bathroom" trips for eleven weeks. Slooooowly regaining some fitness, hope to be back to doing real trips this summer.

L

lilybean

I am 28 with a husband, Jay, two great cats (lily the bean and sammy the brat), and a german shephard whippet mix Harley the fastest dog east of the mississippi!!!

Greg

Staff member
Just thought it might be fun to bump this thread for all the newcomers as of late...

^Bump^

hammer

I just hit the big 4-0 about a month ago. Me and my wife have two kids; my son is 11 and my daughter is 7. My son and I just took up alpine skiing this past season after trying X-C skiing a few times the year before; my wife and daughter came along for most of the trips but they are not into it too much yet. Maybe this year...:D

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

I'll be 41 September 11th. Still single unfortunately, but it has it's moments. Like when you married farts are whining about, my wife won't let me do that or my wife wants me to do this. :lol: I can do whatever I please, and lately that would be...hike, hike, hike.

Charlie Schuessler

I'm still an Excitable Boy at 44 with a 20-year old son in the Air Force stationed in Anchorage Alaska, where according to him, he now hikes & ski's "Real Mountains..."

Terry

age disclosure

I'll be 44 in October, been married for 20 years. I have 2 kids, son 19, daughter 17. All are skiers.

dirt_girl

I am forty-fine and tarp as a shack!! :eek:
I am very happily single. :beer:

My son is twenty-two and climbing his first 4000 footer (Zealand) on 9/11. :D

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
49ers Club

49-er's Club here.

Married with kids. Between us five, there is seventy-nine years of schussing.

What I coulda done with all that $....
Nah, dumb idea.

Hmm, since I can't take my boards with me, I hope there's a demo shop in heaven.

Be courteous on the trails.. there's no snow in H*LL!
:roll: