• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sawx fans

hrstrat57

Kevin Millar got a standing ovation first time up at Fenway about 7:30 tonite, no kidding.

Sawx fans, they sure do appreciate and respect those ex players.

Next up, Petey

8)

Zand

As long as they don't show up in pinstripes, any old player is welcome back. ;)

hrstrat57

looks bad for tonight

looks bad weather wise for tonight.....weather.com shows rain in the bronx all night.....

doubleheaders gonna be backin up, we gotta do better in the 5 hole, hopefully Wells gets healthy or Lester gets ready......or....nah I ain't gonna say it.

Dinardo I don't see happenin'

Maybe backing Beckett and Shilling up one more day won't be the worst thing.....

Good time of year for both teams to see where they stand. Sheffield down, offsets Crisp down.

Play ball.:flag:

BeanoNYC

Sky521 said:
:< I was looking forrward to the game tonight.

Ah well...they play them all eventually.

Slight drizzle here. Hopefully things will hold out a few miles north of me.

ChileMass

14-3 Sox win easily when Yankee walks and errors give them about 10 unearned runs. But I recall too many seasons when the Yanks played like clowns in May and June and kicked the Sox' asses when it counted, so I'm not gonna get too happy just yet. But, thanks A-Rod and Big Unit for gift-wrapping tonite's win.

Yankee fans should be nervous about your pitching staff. Even the Yanks can't win every game 11-10.......

noski

ChileMass said:
14-3 Sox win easily when Yankee walks and errors give them about 10 unearned runs. But I recall too many seasons when the Yanks played like clowns in May and June and kicked the Sox' asses when it counted, so I'm not gonna get too happy just yet. But, thanks A-Rod and Big Unit for gift-wrapping tonite's win.

Yankee fans should be nervous about your pitching staff. Even the Yanks can't win every game 11-10.......
No kidding. That was an embarassing showing on behalf of the Yankees. Glad I'm a Sox fan! (and am still #1 in my Yahoo fantasy league of 12 teams! I sucked it up and took Posada and Mussina in the draft. But I also took Schilling and Tejada and Thome!)

JimG.

Staff member
ChileMass said:
But I recall too many seasons when the Yanks played like clowns in May and June and kicked the Sox' asses when it counted, so I'm not gonna get too happy just yet.

Yawn....

Like Chile says, wake me up in August when the games really matter.

BTW, all the AL teams better be very worried about the Mets. They've played and won 3 series so far against the Braves, a team they never seemed to be able to beat in the past.

I know you Sox fans don't want to have to play the Mets again in the series (if you actually get there) after 1986.

Sky

JimG. said:
I know you Sox fans don't want to have to play the Mets again in the series (if you actually get there) after 1986.

Bill Buckner is gone baby.

But who know's who will step up (erraahhh...down) and rekindel the curse.

Lightning in a bottle back in 04 pally. First, who ever thought the Sox would come back from being 3 down to the Yanks. Not me. Second...who would have thought the Cardinal bats would have gone dead to allow a Sox sweep?! Again, not me.

I'm with Chille....it's a long season and the competition is pretty good (except for KC Royals).

Hot streaks...injuries, droughts.....Unlike Jim...please don't let me sleep through the season. Too many good games to cheer through.

ChileMass

Jim - you really gotta stop living in the past. ;)

2004 erased 1986, 1978, 1975, 1967, 1946 and all the other years the Sox broke our hearts. I suggest it's the Mets (and any other NL team) that should be shaking at the thought of playing the Red Sox, the Yanks, the White Sox or the A's. The AL is completely superior to the NL these days as 2 consecutive World Series sweeps demonstrates......

JimG.

Staff member
ChileMass said:
Jim - you really gotta stop living in the past. ;)

2004 erased 1986, 1978, 1975, 1967, 1946 and all the other years the Sox broke our hearts. I suggest it's the Mets (and any other NL team) that should be shaking at the thought of playing the Red Sox, the Yanks, the White Sox or the A's. The AL is completely superior to the NL these days as 2 consecutive World Series sweeps demonstrates......

OK...if you say so.

Not a Mets fan, but they are playing very well right now and are alot more fun to watch than the Yanks...unless you enjoy watching Steinbrenner go ballistic.

We'll all see what happens in August/September/October when it really counts. Who knows, by then maybe George will have exploded.

hrstrat57

Good time for this series. Whatever flaws are revealed in each team will be addressed as both teams are in the market to throw money at their problems. Schmidt, Clemens and others will be avail to solve pitching woes. Sawx have Lester, Alvarez, Hansen and others nearly ready at AAA as well.

Yanks got squat in minors, except Melky....who they should trade for pitching now cause he ain't gonna hack it in the NYC pressure cooker...A rod hasn't done well against sawx either.....

Most importantly Johnson looks done....maybe it was mostly mechanics which might be fixable...Guidry's deliv was similar so he should be able to help...but they miss Mel S. Nice play by George runnin him outta town....best pitching coach in baseball.

Agree with all who say, enjoy, keep watching and we'll see who's standing in Sept. Burkett and Hlldy stay healthy Jays might be dangerous....

Love it!!

Re sawx fans anybody have any idea why there are so many of em in Yankee stadium....had to be at least 10,000 last nite-maybe more. Why is that?:lol:

JimG.

Staff member
So, yesterday was a blowout for the home team. Yanks/Sox now have a 1-2 record on the way to the usual .500 record in the regular season. So what else is new?

All upstaged by the Mets who won by some ridiculous 11-3 score or something like that. Steinbrenner must be seething.

ChileMass

JimG. said:
So, yesterday was a blowout for the home team. Yanks/Sox now have a 1-2 record on the way to the usual .500 record in the regular season. So what else is new?

All upstaged by the Mets who won by some ridiculous 11-3 score or something like that. Steinbrenner must be seething.

Sox can't win 'em all. Tonight is in question due to weather. They are already playing a day/night doubleheader on 8/16 to make up last week's Fenway rainout. Another Sox/Yanks doubleheader late in the season would be sweet.

JimG.

Staff member
ChileMass said:
Another Sox/Yanks doubleheader late in the season would be sweet.

Yes indeed, when it really counts.

Despite what Sox fans may think, I'm very unhappy if the season ends and there's no hope of a Yanks/Sox playoff grudge match. Last year sucked when they both lost in the divisional series. To me, that's what baseball is, the Yanks/Sox trying to kill each other in the playoffs.

Baseball is not all the Barry Bonds crap. I am so sick of that. Unfortunately, baseball covertly encouraged it and now it gets to reap what it sowed.

ChileMass

JimG. said:
Yes indeed, when it really counts.

Despite what Sox fans may think, I'm very unhappy if the season ends and there's no hope of a Yanks/Sox playoff grudge match. Last year sucked when they both lost in the divisional series. To me, that's what baseball is, the Yanks/Sox trying to kill each other in the playoffs.

Baseball is not all the Barry Bonds crap. I am so sick of that. Unfortunately, baseball covertly encouraged it and now it gets to reap what it sowed.

Don't even get me started on Barry Bonds. Bud Selig and the players' union should be ashamed. It's a miracle the knucklehaeds running the sport haven't been able to kill it with their incompetence.

Sox/Yanks regular season or postseason is always good, but could you imagine if you were a Pirates fan? Or a Royals fan? Just a few years ago, they both fielded competitive teams (sometimes champioship teams) almost every year, and now they're the new Washington Senators. It's too bad. You have to feel bad for those teams and their fans (I was a huge Pirates fan as a kid - Roberto Clemente was a god). And their fans hate us Sox/Yanks fans. Probably with good reason - it's all about us.......;)

skibum1321

ChileMass said:
Sox/Yanks regular season or postseason is always good, but could you imagine if you were a Pirates fan? Or a Royals fan? Just a few years ago, they both fielded competitive teams (sometimes champioship teams) almost every year, and now they're the new Washington Senators. It's too bad. You have to feel bad for those teams and their fans (I was a huge Pirates fan as a kid - Roberto Clemente was a god). And their fans hate us Sox/Yanks fans. Probably with good reason - it's all about us.......;)
I think your idea of a few years is a little bit skewed old timer ;). They haven't been competetive in quite a few years.

ChileMass

skibum1321 said:
I think your idea of a few years is a little bit skewed old timer ;). They haven't been competetive in quite a few years.

I agree - but it still must suck to live in a town like Pittsburgh or Detroit where they have ovre 100 years of baseball history and can't even think of fielding a competitive team.....

Pirates were competitive in early 90s with Barry......