• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

roark

I know roark swears by the stuff but we have yet to find a Stone brew that is to our liking. Still working on it though!
The Vertical Epic (brewed for 07.07.07) was awesome and the Ruination IPA is my favorite of their regular brews. Arrogant Bastard is overrated IMHO, but definitely brought Stone to prominence.

Back to the start of this thread: I had a Magic Hat HIPA last night that was pretty bad. I'm not sure how a beer that can't have seen much UV rays (in cardboard 12 pack) or heat - the 2 things that funk and skunk beers - could be so skunky. Instead of a great hop nose I got skunk. So much for the one MH beer I like.

drjeff

I will admit that I do enjoy this time of year when Sam Adams puts the White Ale out on the shelves! There's just something about that brew that my taste buds enjoy ALOT each year! :beer:

ctenidae

I got the Sam Adams Brewmaster's Collection mix pac- 2 each of Black Lager, Honey Porter, and Brown Ale. I liked them in that order. The Brown Ale was nothing remarkable, the Honey Porter was a tad thin feeling, but tasty. The Black Lager I think I liked the best because I didn't really know what to expect. Light feel, but with a nice hoppiness and enough malt to know it's there. Pretty tasty stuff.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I had a Magic Hat HIPA last night that was pretty bad. I'm not sure how a beer that can't have seen much UV rays (in cardboard 12 pack) or heat - the 2 things that funk and skunk beers - could be so skunky. Instead of a great hop nose I got skunk. So much for the one MH beer I like.
I had a rather skunky Saranac yesterday. :( It was fine a month ago... guess I was too slow finishing the 6pk.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I got the Sam Adams Brewmaster's Collection mix pac- 2 each of Black Lager, Honey Porter, and Brown Ale. I liked them in that order. The Brown Ale was nothing remarkable, the Honey Porter was a tad thin feeling, but tasty. The Black Lager I think I liked the best because I didn't really know what to expect. Light feel, but with a nice hoppiness and enough malt to know it's there. Pretty tasty stuff.

They still selling the 12 pack version with the Boston Ale? I wish they still sold the Boston Ale alone... great beer. Second favorite BBC product next to Cream Stout.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Back to the start of this thread: I had a Magic Hat HIPA last night that was pretty bad. I'm not sure how a beer that can't have seen much UV rays (in cardboard 12 pack) or heat - the 2 things that funk and skunk beers - could be so skunky. Instead of a great hop nose I got skunk. So much for the one MH beer I like.
Not a Magic Hat fan. Something about their brews just does not do it for me. I do not recall having much good to say about the HiPA.

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
If somehow in skipping through this thread I missed the mention then forgive me but....

Last summer visiting an old Navy buddy in Montana I found my new fav, Big Sky Breing's "Moose Drool".
Somebody else said it was only for tourists but I know what I like and that is it. A little sweeter than Sam Adams, but not as sweet as Saratoga Lager. Similar but better than Long Trail Hibernator.

Moose Drool is good..when I lived in Bozeman..I used to work for Big Hole brewary in Belgrade..by the airport..and we got to take home all the low fills..They made Headstrong, Mythical white, Diablo, and were owned by the Moab brewing company in Utah..

Greg

Staff member
Magic Hat Lucky Kat

A new very citrousy IPA from Magic Hat. VERY bitter. I like it a lot, but I like just about any IPA. Similar to the HI.P.A. I alternated between the Lucky Kat, Harpoon IPA and the HI.P.A Saturday night - a major IPA haze going on.

drjeff

Okay, it's going to be WAY overmarketed real soon, it's mass produced swill, but I saw that it hit the shelves at the 7-11 just down the road from Mount Snow this past weekend, so I figured I'd give it a tray after a long day of skiing and beer and burgers. Bud Light Lime :eek: http://www.budlightlime.com/default.aspx

Basically Bud's answer to Miller Chill. Standard Bud Light and add a moderate to strong lime flavor and that's it. Definately a stronger lime flavor than Miller Chill. If you like a Corona with lime, it's probably worth a try. If either lime flavor or Bud Light in general make you want to :puke: don't bother. For me, for beers #'s 5 through 8 on the day it complemented cheeseburger #2 on the day decently. Had it been beer #1 or 2 on the day, well then it likely would have been a different story ;)

roark

Dinner at the Sierra Grill in Northampton last night. Excellent draft beer selection there, and lots of bottles as well.

Had a Hercules DIPA with the meal - delicious!

Food was ok, but nothing special.

Then a Stone Imperial Stout with dessert. Heaven. Surprisingly good beignets and a darn tasty chocolate mocha pot d creme. Mmmmmmmmm.

krisskis

Okay, it's going to be WAY overmarketed real soon, it's mass produced swill, but I saw that it hit the shelves at the 7-11 just down the road from Mount Snow this past weekend, so I figured I'd give it a tray after a long day of skiing and beer and burgers. Bud Light Lime :eek: http://www.budlightlime.com/default.aspx

Basically Bud's answer to Miller Chill. Standard Bud Light and add a moderate to strong lime flavor and that's it. Definately a stronger lime flavor than Miller Chill. If you like a Corona with lime, it's probably worth a try. If either lime flavor or Bud Light in general make you want to :puke: don't bother. For me, for beers #'s 5 through 8 on the day it complemented cheeseburger #2 on the day decently. Had it been beer #1 or 2 on the day, well then it likely would have been a different story ;)

Im liking the Miller Chill...very refreshing sitting by my pool in the summer.

Greg

Staff member
Some Sam Summers are on the docket tonight and they are tasting especially good...