• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

drjeff

I will say that the 3 or 4 pitchers of very cold Bud light in a frosty glass, that I helped consume tasted really good yesterday afternoon after the golf tournament I played in. Unfortunately I had to leave earlier than I wanted to get home so the nanny that watches my kids could go get her legs waxed :rolleyes: - and sorry guys, she's definately NOT the type of nanny where'd you want to watch :( ;)

Well I'm finished with the Sam Adams summer..that last a solid week..Now I'm ready to ween my home beer drinking down to a case every two weeks..next up..back to Magic Hat #9..

In a month I'm going down to Virginia with family and I'm looking forward to trying some Virginia microbrews..One of the fun things about travelling to different places is trying out the local beers.

I will say that the 3 or 4 pitchers of very cold Bud light in a frosty glass, that I helped consume tasted really good yesterday afternoon after the golf tournament I played in. Unfortunately I had to leave earlier than I wanted to get home so the nanny that watches my kids could go get her legs waxed :rolleyes: - and sorry guys, she's definately NOT the type of nanny where'd you want to watch :( ;)

I'll be playing in a golf tournement tomorrow and there will likely be a keg of Coors light at the finish..When it's 85 degrees and sunny some lots of cold beer is great after a 4-5 hour round..when it's 50 degrees and raining..lots of beer is good as well..

drjeff

I'll be playing in a golf tournement tomorrow and there will likely be a keg of Coors light at the finish..When it's 85 degrees and sunny some lots of cold beer is great after a 4-5 hour round..when it's 50 degrees and raining..lots of beer is good as well..

+1! This was really the case yesterday as the course I was playing has new owners and they have the grand vision (and lots of $$) to turn our little local, semi-quirky course into one of the top 10 ten public courses in New England and are currently basically redoing the whole course, so in a sense we were playing a course surrounded by a golf course construction site(and all the assocaited dust). 5 or so hours in the sun in 80 degree temps, little humidity and LOTS of dust made those beers in the 19th hole extra tasty yesterday! :beer:

Mildcat

Gonna pick up some Wachusetts Blueberry Ale today. A free beer glass with the purchase of a twelve pack.

wa-loaf

Gonna pick up some Wachusetts Blueberry Ale today. A free beer glass with the purchase of a twelve pack.

I usually don't like fruity beers, but the Wachusett Blueberry is actually pretty good. Very light blueberry flavor.

Mildcat

I like fruity beers but I don't like putting fruit into beer. If you order that at the 99 they dump a handful of blueberries in it. I hate that.

Moe Ghoul

I've tried 100's of beers and have found that Pilsner Urquell and german beer are my faves. I pass on the nutty, fruity, wheaty, stuff. It's interesting to try, and I enjoy a Lambac occasionally, but I always migrate back to basics.

I used to like dark beer alot..but now the only dark beers I like are Guinness and Shed Mountain Ale..

Our palates are always changing..

drjeff

I had almost forgotten how tasty these were

10569.jpg

until I opened the cooler at the birthday party for my niece and nephew yesterday (mental note to thank my brother for buying this for the cooler!) and the 9% alcohol wasn't a bad thing either ;)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
90 Minute is great stuff. That has become a once per month pick up for me.

This week is Flying Dog week here at the c0il residence. I almost made S gag when she sampled the Flying Dog Double Dog Ale (11.5% ABV) which has a lot of similarities to the 90 Minute Dogfish Head. I also had the "Horn Dog" Ale this past Friday which was a total kick in the pants at 10.2% ABV. I promised myself I would never drink a double digit ABV beer on an empty stomach after this past Friday. A mild buzz after slamming a single beer is quite an eye opener to say the least! :lol: Flying Dog's "Canis Major" lineup has been pretty stellar so far. And how can you beat a company slogan of "Good Beer. No Shit."? The Hunter S Thompson homage is pretty cool too.

S got some fruity stuff from Dog Fish Head for her more sensitive palette. Aprilhop and especially Festina Peche have both delighted her but are a bit fruity for my tastes.

ctenidae

Sam Adams Double Bock- good, malty, medium/heavy body. Not very hoppy. 8.8%, so watch out!

Had the two beers that won the SA Homebrew Contest, too. The Weissbock is pretty good. The Grape Pale Ale, only so-so.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Sam Adams Double Bock- good, malty, medium/heavy body. Not very hoppy. 8.8%, so watch out!

Had the two beers that won the SA Homebrew Contest, too. The Weissbock is pretty good. The Grape Pale Ale, only so-so.

I'm a big fan of the SA Double Bock. I like it because it tastes really good and also gets me drunk pretty fast.

You're right though, HUGE malt, no hop. But from what I understand that's more or less the doppelbock style in a nutshell.