Random Beers - Page 131

AlpineZone

Page 131 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1805

Thread: Random Beers

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Ridiculous tap list at the Station Taproom on the 2nd floor of the base lodge at Mount Snow today!!!! Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout, Lawson's Double Dose, Lawson's Double Shot, 3 kinds of Hill Farmstead, a pumpkin sour from Hermit Thrush, Maine Beer Co Lunch, and 13 other quality beers!! I challenge any base area bar to beat that list!! Look up the full list on the taplister app, look for West Dover, CT - The Station Taproom!
    So conditions were not fun today or good you ever write trip report .?

Ridiculous tap list at the Station Taproom on the 2nd floor of the base lodge at Mount Snow today!!!! Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout, Lawson's Double Dose, Lawson's Double Shot, 3 kinds of Hill Farmstead, a pumpkin sour from Hermit Thrush, Maine Beer Co Lunch, and 13 other quality beers!! I challenge any base area bar to beat that list!! Look up the full list on the taplister app, look for West Dover, CT - The Station Taproom!
    Impressive. Unlikely you'd see a list that good in Northern VT. Does Mountain Snow have someone driving up to pick up? To my knowledge neither Hill or Lawsons distributed in Southern Vermont.

Had a Maine Brewing Lunch last night. American Pale Ale, hoppy start, but really smooth mouthfeel, and clean finish. Really good.
    Rogue Farms Mead this afternoon was thin, stronger musty flavor (common with meads) than I'd like.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

So I was on the fence about should I or shouldn't I make a run up to Monson, MA after work today until about 4PM when I saw that Treehouse was going to have King Julius available (the double IPA version of Julius)!

I rolled into the lot about 6PM and got one of the last parking spaces before they started parking people across the street in the overflow lot. The line was about 50 people out the door when I got into it. About 15 minutes later I was inside the brewery and 10 minutes later my VISA card was swiped and I was out the door with my full can allotment tonight of 6 Green, 6 Julius and 4 King Julius.

Got home, and had to show restraint for about an hour as my wife was interviewing prospective after school sitters for our kids, but finally got to open up my 1st King Julius!

It pours in typical cloudy Treehouse IPA fashion, but noticeably more orange in color than Julius or Green or Haze. The aroma is distinct citrus and mango. A nice velvety feel on the tongue with a great balance of strong mango, orange, pineapple flavors up front tapering to a moderately hoppy bitter finish. Everything about King J is bigger and more pronounced than Julius. It is delicious!

Literally within 5 minutes of posting a pic of my King Julius on a few Facebook beer pages, I had 5+ trade offers for some serious beers (Bourbon County Rare, Lawson's Double Sunshine, Russian River Pliny the Elder, Heady, Trillium, etc). Maybe if I had a dozen or so King J's i'd consider it, but with just 4 to start (3 left now), I'm not trading!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

I'd take the rare trade in a heartbeat.

Founder's ReDankulous, what a fantastic drink. Slightly sweet and hoppy all together
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout - gotta love this in any location, let alone a ski area base lodge bar!! Why I say that the Station Taproom at Mount Snow is one of the best ski area bars out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout - gotta love this in any location, let alone a ski area base lodge bar!! Why I say that the Station Taproom at Mount Snow is one of the best ski area bars out there!
    http://www.plattekill.com/images/sto...-John-1116.jpg
    http://www.plattekill.com/images/sto...-John-1116.jpg

NEW! This winter, join the "PLATTY MUG CLUB"!

We're selling limited edition 2015-16 Collectible Plattekill Mugs AND we'll store them for you here all season long so they are ready when you arrive to pour your beer in all winter! They are yours to keep, so personalize them and make 'em yours! $25

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    I don't know who is more the homer... Dr. Jeff or Scotty??

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    I don't know who is more the homer... Dr. Jeff or Scotty??
    Lol bored I like all the hills actually but due love Platty. Guess living less then 50 miles away kind if pushes me more love love for the hill.

Thread Information