• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

roark

Picked up DFH Palo Santo Marron, Stone 08 Vertical Epic, Stone RIS, and 2008 OG Barleywine last night. Mmmmmmmmmm.

kid3

One of my favorite summer beers is Harpoon Summer Beer. Nothing like it after yard work. Anytime really! Come to think of it, I really like Harpoon Beer.

frozencorn

Picked up a Lion Stout after having one this weekend at a tasting. Smooth chocolately stout with an 8 % tinge. Great stuff. Out of Sril lanka of all places.

gorgonzola

Went Punkin' Pickin' tonight... along with the staples - magic hat voter participation sampler and mich ultra 10 oz cans. Was ready to pull the trigger on the dogfish head punkin' ale based on my buddy bc rudy's recomendation, but being the cheap bastid that i am, went for the saranac pumpkin ale at $24/case ( instead of $40 for the dogfishhead). can't say i'm dissapointed - mighty tasty and a value to boot! much better than both the harvest moon ( blue moons offering) and jack's punkins pounded over the weekend at the local watering hole

ctenidae

Had two new (to me) Polish beers: Boss and Kopernik Amber.
Both really fantastic beers, if you like your beer to taste like a Richola coughdrop.

Really, awful- herby, medicinal, cloying, just not good.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Drinking some Tommyknocker Ornery Amber Lager. Guess it comes from a brewery & pub in Idaho Springs, CO. I picked up a sampler pack..can't wait to try the ButtHead. :lol: Not bad... I am no beer aficionado so what I say doesn't count to the beer snobs anyway :p but it goes down nicely.

Grassi21

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout tonight. Great stuff. I got hooked on it last winter. Glad to see it back on the shelves as the days grow colder.

Mildcat

can't wait to try the ButtHead.

Come to Butthead...

butthead.jpg

Come to Butthead...

butthead.jpg

You know you can watch old beavis and butthead episodes on mtv.com

I'm in the mood for some Magic Hat #9..I've been on a Labatt Blue..Rolling Rock kick lately..I wish i would have smuggled back a few 6-packs of Long Trail blackberry wheat from the Peoples Republic of Vermont..oh well..I'll probably be back up there next weekend..

I'm very happy they have Long Trail Blackberry wheat at the local beer store..it's 28 bucks a case..and I paid 8something for a 6-pack of it in Rutland so not bad..

Grassi21

I'm very happy they have Long Trail Blackberry wheat at the local beer store..it's 28 bucks a case..and I paid 8something for a 6-pack of it in Rutland so not bad..

ever have a black and blue? you guessed it, guinness and LT blackberry wheat. really tasty. normally i don't like fruity beers but the blackberry wheat and the harpoon raspberry ipa are quite good.

ever have a black and blue? you guessed it, guinness and LT blackberry wheat. really tasty. normally i don't like fruity beers but the blackberry wheat and the harpoon raspberry ipa are quite good.

I haven't but I'll give it a try sometime..I've had a Black Magic which is Guinness and Magic Hat #9 and that was quite good..