• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

roark

So the local establishment within walking distance of work has the LT coffee stout. Pretty good. Coffee aromas dominate, but enough malt backbone to keep it beer. Surprisingly smooth for ~8%. And they charge regular draft prices, so a much better deal than at the brewery. Stopped by LT brewery on the way home from Pico yesterday but the place was a clusterF so I headed on down the road to Harpoon.

Got to Windsor and... Leviathan IPA is back! Had a tasty draft and picked up a case. This stuff is pricey ($10/4 pk + tax + deposit), bought by the case you get one 4 pk "free." Still a few Baltic Porters left if you like that one.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Drinking a Woodstock Inn Brewery Pig's Ear Brown Ale with lunch. More of a novelty that I can get their brews at the packy now instead of having to drive all the way up to NH. :D

roark

meh. My midwestern coworkers think it's the best beer ever. I think it's marketing. But I like beer I can taste after I swallow so who am I to decide?

ctenidae

Any opinions on Leinenkugel's? I have only had the Sunset Wheat and 1888 Bock. I like them because there is no strong bitter after taste ... I am not fond of really bitter brews..

Leiney isn't a bad beer.
Not what I'd call a good beer, either, but drinkable, and generally sessionable.

ctenidae

Trader Joe's seasonal brewed by Unibroue- excellent beverage, especially at only $5. Clearly a Unibroue product, but very, very tasty. Get it now, since all that's available is in stores now. I grabbed 5 bottles on Saturday, after tasting it I shoudl have grabbed 5 cases.

drjeff

Any opinions on Leinenkugel's? I have only had the Sunset Wheat and 1888 Bock. I like them because there is no strong bitter after taste ... I am not fond of really bitter brews..

meh. My midwestern coworkers think it's the best beer ever. I think it's marketing. But I like beer I can taste after I swallow so who am I to decide?

Leiney isn't a bad beer.
Not what I'd call a good beer, either, but drinkable, and generally sessionable.

Last summer, my wife was really enjoying Leiney's summer beer, the summer shandy, basically a wheat beer with lemonade. Personally I found it too sweet for my tastebuds, maybe 75-80% of the sweetness of a Mike's Hard Lemonade with a slight hoppy finish.

frozencorn

Trader Joe's seasonal brewed by Unibroue- excellent beverage, especially at only $5. Clearly a Unibroue product, but very, very tasty. Get it now, since all that's available is in stores now. I grabbed 5 bottles on Saturday, after tasting it I shoudl have grabbed 5 cases.

+ 1....it was great.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Got to Windsor and... Leviathan IPA is back! Had a tasty draft and picked up a case. This stuff is pricey ($10/4 pk + tax + deposit), bought by the case you get one 4 pk "free." Still a few Baltic Porters left if you like that one.
A case! Yaaaaarrrrrrr, nicely done. Just had a Leviathan Imperial IPA tonight. Soooo good. I think I have one or two more left over from my four pack I bought a month or so ago. Really like to milk those four packs. Hold off until I come and say "yes, today is a day for something special."

roark

A case! Yaaaaarrrrrrr, nicely done. Just had a Leviathan Imperial IPA tonight. Soooo good. I think I have one or two more left over from my four pack I bought a month or so ago. Really like to milk those four packs. Hold off until I come and say "yes, today is a day for something special."
Yeah, I've indulged in three already. It's gonna lose some of that wonderful hop aroma, right? ;)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Picked this up today because Bottle King was out of Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat
medium_BlackberryWit.JPG

drjeff

Picked this up today because Bottle King was out of Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat
medium_BlackberryWit.JPG

Ooh thats a GOOD blackbeary alternative Root! I picked up 1st 1 six and then rather quickly about 3 hours later, a second six of that Sammy brewmaster series the end of Janaury was I was in Boston for a conference with my office - and no I didn't drink all 12 myself in a couple of hours, my hotel room was "the bar" for my office crew before we went out to another bar :) :beer: :)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Ooh thats a GOOD blackbeary alternative Root! I picked up 1st 1 six and then rather quickly about 3 hours later, a second six of that Sammy brewmaster series the end of Janaury was I was in Boston for a conference with my office - and no I didn't drink all 12 myself in a couple of hours, my hotel room was "the bar" for my office crew before we went out to another bar :) :beer: :)
Sure you didn't :p

Thanks Dr. J. The manager at BK told me he got 3 cases, and this was the last six pack until next Thursday, when he should be getting both back in stock.