Random Beers - Page 171

AlpineZone

Page 171 of 181 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1807

Thread: Random Beers

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Picked up a little bit of Trillium today.

Being able to do this in under 10 minutes puts these guys ahead of Treehouse for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trillium is kind of like Disneyworld - they're really good at allowing you to have a fun time and have figured out how to take even more of your money even quicker!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19 (Mount Snow)

I'm thinking that stack of beers is probably the equivalent of tickets for a family of four to Disney World.

My stomach wishes I lived closer to Trillium. My wallet be like, "Ah hell no."

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'm thinking that stack of beers is probably the equivalent of tickets for a family of four to Disney World.

My stomach wishes I lived closer to Trillium. My wallet be like, "Ah hell no."
    I have an office in the Seaport and my wife works 15 from the Canton location so I am spoiled, usually get a 4 pack every other week or so.

I made the mistake yesterday of telling a friend I was grabbing some. I think he took orders from guys in his neighborhood.

I Love Apres'

That was me last week. Asked a buddy figuring he would like a couple four packs and ended up getting an order for a case and a half Growler.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    I have an office in the Seaport and my wife works 15 from the Canton location so I am spoiled, usually get a 4 pack every other week or so.

I made the mistake yesterday of telling a friend I was grabbing some. I think he took orders from guys in his neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    That was me last week. Asked a buddy figuring he would like a couple four packs and ended up getting an order for a case and a half Growler.
    I've been on both ends of that scenario before!!! No problems being the mule for a buddy and getting them some good beer if I'm going already as long as they're willing to return the favor with some equally desirable beers in the future. If it turns out to be a repetitive one way request where I'm the one picking some up for them and the favor isn't returned after I've helped stock their beer fridges a few times, then I keep my brewery run intentions quite around them!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19 (Mount Snow)

Banded Horn : Daikaiju (India Pale Ale, 8.7%, Maine)

I saw a beer from Maine of the IPA pursuasion with 8.7%. Sounds good to me. The ingredients listed on the bottle look great. Four kinds of hops, water from the Saco River, etc. Very hoppy. As soon as it hits your mouth it's like drinking a pine cone. There's very little malt, I wouldn't call it balanced or nuanced in any way. Four kind of hops could have been 1 kind of LOTS of hops for all I could tell. The flavor never smooths over, and it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. Maybe it needs more carbonation to clean up such a strong hop taste.

Not bad. A little strong on the hop flavor for my tastes, which I think is saying a lot since I almost exclusively drink IPA/IIPA.

Would not purchase again (and I've already tried their regular strength IPA and decided it wasn't that great either). Much prefer Baxter beers.

BHDaikiju.jpg

Sounds like a good find Tuna. Is it blown out with grapefruit? I'm not a fan of the big juicy taste of many New England IPAs.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Just picked this yearly collaboration from Lawsons Finest and Otter Creek. Good stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Just picked this yearly collaboration from Lawsons Finest and Otter Creek. Good stuff
    I got a four pack for $15.99 at Mehurons in Waitsfield. Double Dose is tasty but I prefer Sip of Sunshine and it comes in 16 oz cans vs 12 oz bottles at a lower cost.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    I got a four pack for $15.99 at Mehurons in Waitsfield. Double Dose is tasty but I prefer Sip of Sunshine and it comes in 16 oz cans vs 12 oz bottles at a lower cost.
    Agree. Whenever I'm in VT I grab some Sip of Sunshine, but I was on Cape Cod last week and grabbed the best I could find. When south and looking for a $16 4 pack I'll normally get Trillium.

Thread Information