• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

Mildcat

samuel-adams-imperial-white.png

Pretty good offering IMHO. 1st impression on the taste buds is a cross between their venerable spring and summer offerings, White Ale and Summer Ale, then the finish takes the smooth wheat + summer lemon zest/light spiceiness(?sp) to another level! Going to become a summer evening regular for me I'm guessing - a bit too much for the heat of the day I need some serious cold beer volume drinking of summer, but a great summer evening sitting on the deck/porch with friends beer! :beer:

The Imperial Stout is awesome. I was reluctant to spend $11 on a four pack but it was worth it. I thought with the high alcohol content it almost tasted like a Scottish Ale.

I've been trying to spend less money and consume less calories so I've been buying cases of Miller Lite 8 ounce cans. 64 calories a can..and about $11 a case I think..the 2nd half of the ski season was straight up Guinness, Long Trail BBW and Magic Hat #9, but those beers are so tasty that I would go through a case of them quicker than a case of Miller Lite 8 ouncers...so I'm spending 1/3 of the money and consuming half the calories but I still have a beer belly and I'm still broke..doh...oh well..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Anyone try Magic Hat's summer offering, Wacko yet? It is purple due to the use of beet juice. Close your eyes or keep it in the bottle and it is great!
Sounds interesting!
Grabbed a Harpoon Summer Pack last week since it had two Harpoons I had yet to try including the Crystal Wheat and Summer Ale. Both are total swill. At least we got three IPAs and UFOs out of the deal. The other four bottles remaining are being poured down the drain.
You can send them to me! We're on a tight budget right now so I haven't bought any beer in a while. :( I'll drink the swill for you! :lol:

Mildcat

It is so good .. are these just special offerings?

Yup, these are basically Jim Koch letting some of his brewers have some fun with an interpretation of their favorite brews. BTW, my brews were the 10.3% brews too. :) :beer:

The Imperial Stout might be my all-time favorite beer now. So much flavor in each sip. It tastes like Dove Chocolate, Black Coffee, and alcohol in each sip.

drjeff

The Imperial Stout might be my all-time favorite beer now. So much flavor in each sip. It tastes like Dove Chocolate, Black Coffee, and alcohol in each sip.

I think that this is a positive step for the folks at Sam Adams, and atleast based on their initial round of Imperial Series brews, I hope that a few atleast aren't just limited editions and make it into the regular rotation!

Mildcat

I think that this is a positive step for the folks at Sam Adams, and atleast based on their initial round of Imperial Series brews, I hope that a few atleast aren't just limited editions and make it into the regular rotation!

I'll drink to that! :beer:

drjeff

If only they made an alchoholic version of Sugar Free Redbull...

Umm GSS, they make this new clear liquid stuff, I think it's called Vodka or something like that ;) I've heard (and of course never tried it myself :rolleyes:) that it just might taste OK when added to a bit 'o Redbull ;) :) ;)

Umm GSS, they make this new clear liquid stuff, I think it's called Vodka or something like that ;) I've heard (and of course never tried it myself :rolleyes:) that it just might taste OK when added to a bit 'o Redbull ;) :) ;)

last night I had a chilled shot of Van Gogh at the bar which is an espresso vodka...good shit..I've actually never had a Vodka/RedBull before..I like Sugar Free Redbull on the way to skiing...

I'm broke so it looks like more Miller lite this weekend..

drjeff

I'm not a big vodka drinker so don't have any desire to drink Vodka redbull..

With the right Vodka you don't even realize you're drinking it (until your 2nd or 3rd one when you start feeling quite happy ;) )

Usually Vodka isn't my thing either, but lately my wife's "adult beverage" of choice has been Stoli Vanilla and Diet Coke, and from grabbing a swig or two of hers, let me tell you, they are mighty easy to drink :)

ComeBackMudPuddles

With the right Vodka you don't even realize you're drinking it (until your 2nd or 3rd one when you start feeling quite happy ;) )

i learned that lesson the hard way....there's a time and a place for everything, and that place is college. back in the day, some seniors thought having an impressionable young freshman sample large (and i mean large) amounts of schlitz mixed with popov vodka during freshman orientation would be hilarious. it was hilarious (except for me, the freshman).

i don't mind sharing the story here, since schlitz is a pretty random beer. and popov is a very random vodka.