• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

drjeff

I thought we could just play some Scrabble and drink a few Frescas mixed with Corona Light..a very refreshing apertif

Why don't you have a glass of warm tap water ..it's cheaper and has more taste.

Don't knock the Fresca and Corona Light apertif until you try it..

I'll grab GSS's back on the Fresca part :) Now with the Coors Light thing, then I'll fully in agreement with the old dude with the big wrench! :puke:

Mildcat

The Imperial Stout might be my all-time favorite beer now. So much flavor in each sip. It tastes like Dove Chocolate, Black Coffee, and alcohol in each sip.

A store near my house had them on sale for 7.99. I could not resist at that price. I can't even bring myself to try the White or Double Bock because I like this one so much.

Dr Skimeister

Last find here at the beach......

images

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Flying Dog "Doggie Style" Classic Pale Ale now in stock at Chase Street, wooo!!!! Made sure to put in a plug of thanks when I bought a six pack. This has become my favorite beer. So damn good. Must... resist... urge to drink another!!!! Gotta make these last!

That's very similar to a drink they have in Austria. They take a lite beer and mix it with Sprite. They do it so girls can still drink beer.

most of the austrian beers I've had over there already taste like someone took a pilsner and poured a cup of sugar in it...the dunkels are even worse. I'm there 2-3 times a year and I always look forward to getting home and having a good beer. have yet to find a beer on tap in austria that I like...mainly due to the fact that most of the places I've been over there only have 1-2 beers on tap...a nasty sweet pilsner that tastes like watered down sugared up Becks Light or a dunkel that tastes like newcastle with a cup of brown sugar. I'd almost rather drink stud light or coors light.

Flying Dog "Doggie Style" Classic Pale Ale QUOTE]

I'm going to a party with DFH 60min on tap tonight :beer:

5 pm can't come soon enough,,,

now I'm thirsty! that's another good IPA. unfortunately I've got a 2hr drive to Maine tonight (before figuring in traffic delays) before I can crack my first :beer: worst part is, the boss skipped out at noon so he could beat the traffic to the cape...and he's on vacay all next week. Talk about leading by example...he's no Jack Welsh or Peter Drucker. More like Bernie Madoff. Fk I need a beer NOW!

wa-loaf

That's very similar to a drink they have in Austria. They take a lite beer and mix it with Sprite. They do it so girls can still drink beer.

It's called a Radler. Which is German for bicyclist. Bike racers used to drink it for hydration back in the old days. Now it makes a nice drink in the beer garden on a hot day. They use the regular house lager beer, not anything light. You can also order a one with dark beer.

I'll qualify this by saying this applies to Bavaria. Beers and what they do with them change as often the dialects do from village to village.

roark

When I was in Germany ~12 yrs ago the locals were mixing Bitburger Pils with coke. :puke:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Drinking Kentucky Ale. It's the closest thing to a micro-brew out here. It's ok. Better than the Bud Ice everyone else is drinking, but I'm not impressed.

Wegmans grocery stores now sell beer..I picked up a 6 pack of Blue moon and a 22 ounce bottle of Rogue deadguy ale..

drjeff

Ummm! I just tried a sixer of Dog Fish Head 60 Minute IPA! Very hoppy, very tastie!!

Good stuff! But Beetlenut, if you liked the 60 min, you gotta at some point lay down a bit of extra $$ and try wither the 90 minute IPA :) or even better a "heavenly full meal in a bottle" the 120 minute IPA that Dogfishhead also brews! :beer:

Beetlenut

Good stuff! But Beetlenut, if you liked the 60 min, you gotta at some point lay down a bit of extra $$ and try wither the 90 minute IPA :) or even better a "heavenly full meal in a bottle" the 120 minute IPA that Dogfishhead also brews! :beer:
I'm working up to those! Thought I would enjoy the journey. Heard a lot of good things about the DFH 120 Imperial IPA! I'm like a kid in a candy shop at the Package store in the new town I moved to. They have two full aisles of beer to choose from and 14 cooler doors of cold stuff!! Microbrew heaven!

drjeff

I'm like a kid in a candy shop at the Package store in the new town I moved to. They have two full aisles of beer to choose from and 14 cooler doors of cold stuff!! Microbrew heaven!

What's it name?? As the next time I'm over at my parents place (they've got a place in one of the townhouse communities off 108 about a mile South of URI) I may just have to stop in and stock up before I impose myself and my kids upon good 'ol Mom and Dad :)