• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
But according to peter king, the Irish car bombs are ok.......its the Muslim car bombs that are evil and we need to be careful about...

(is this is a political post??...wait no its the beer thread.....)

I had 4 double bags and 1 regular long trail and 1 berkshire brown ale tonight.......and I think I can still type .... Hehe..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
irish car bomb? sounds interesting to an irish catholic. info?

1/2 pint of Guinness
1 shot Jameson
Drop the shot in the glass(bombs away)
Consume in one steady motion:beer:

The way I know it, it's:
1/2 pint Guinness
1/2 shot Jameson
1/2 shot Irish cream
And then yes, drop the shot glass into the beer (doesn't work so well at bars that use plastic shot glasses) and chug because it curdles quickly.

YUMMY, even if it's a non-PC name.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I had 4 double bags and 1 regular long trail and 1 berkshire brown ale tonight.......and I think I can still type .... Hehe..

That's quite the achievement! :beer:

I had a Harpoon Celtic Ale last night... wasn't all that impressed. The Hooker Nor'Easter was good, though.

twinplanx

The way I know it, it's:
1/2 pint Guinness
1/2 shot Jameson
1/2 shot Irish cream
And then yes, drop the shot glass into the beer (doesn't work so well at bars that use plastic shot glasses) and chug because it curdles quickly.

YUMMY, even if it's a non-PC name.

Yeah, this must be right, thought something was misssing. I'm not a fan of the Jameson, Irish Cream must be what makes this so "YUMMY" :)

BackLoafRiver

Had 3 new beers last night:

Hoppy Feet Black IPA - Very fine malty IPA. Nice malt intro with a strong, hoppy finish. Never heard of it before. Delicious.

Southern Tier Unearthy IPA - Also on tap. Very tasty indeed. There was a strange taste I couldn't quite place. Pretty standard IPA fair.

Birrificio Del Ducato Sally Brown Caffe - A dark, very smooth, VERY drinkable (dangerously so) beer. Brewed with espresso beans (has a great coffee taste in it) and goes down like water. Barely over 5%. I could have had 10 of them. Doesn't sit like a lead brick like some other dark beers do. So good.

I had some IPA in a bottle from the Netherlands but I can't remember its name. It was my favorite beer of the night. They have another bottle of it at the shop. I will go back and find out.

roark

Picked up a 22 of Shipyard's Double Thumper (11.2% alcohol). Heard it is good, so looking forward to drinking it tonight! Anyone try it?
had this the other day - I wasn't impressed. kind of flat and alcoholic - reminded me of one of my first homebrew experiments.

powpig2002

anyone try stone vertical epic. heard it was the necture of the gods. ended up dumping 3/4 of a bomber. i don't waste beer. should age it for a year i guess. my opinion is if you put a turd in the cellar for a year, it's still a turd. glad i didn't buy 2. it's not for me.

roark

Haven't had the latest, I enjoyed 07.07.07 and 08.08.08. Missed the last few i guess

powpig2002

did you age them? arrogant bastid was way too much beer for me. oaked was too expensive. think i'll give up on stone. dogfish treats me good.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I had a lot of Irish Red Hookers over the weekend. ;)

Some Wolaver's, too. I bought Wolaver's in the bottle before and didn't like it--much better on tap.

jaywbigred

I a fantastic, new-to-me beer while I was in Arizona for the weekend. Odell IPA. Fantastic. Immediately texted my buddy the beer guy to see if he can order it. He thinks he can but is getting back to me.

I also had a Sleepy Dog Tail Chaser IPA (local brewery in Tempe, looks pretty small from the website) draft which I found pretty mediocre.

And I had a very, very good basic Pale Ale from Butte Creek brewery, which is what I am hoping my homebrew will wind up tasting like. It was probably the first organic beer I have had that I have thoroughly enjoyed (Wolaver's isn't my fave).