• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

meff

I a fantastic, new-to-me beer while I was in Arizona for the weekend. Odell IPA. Fantastic. Immediately texted my buddy the beer guy to see if he can order it. He thinks he can but is getting back to me.

We visited the Odell brewery on Saturday - great stuff, the double IPA is great as well and I'm not a huge IPA fan. But they only distribute to 9 states, the furthest east is Minnesota. This is due to the fact its unpasteurized and doesn't travel far that well.

New Belgium was a fun brewery too - free samples even. :beer:

roark

This is due to the fact its unpasteurized and doesn't travel far that well.

WTF? Fantasically little microbrewed beer is pastuerized. And it makes it all over the world. In fact, the yeast can be a great benefit for aging.

meff

WTF? Fantasically little microbrewed beer is pastuerized. And it makes it all over the world. In fact, the yeast can be a great benefit for aging.

Yeah, I know, just passing on what they told me when I begged for them to come to MA.

BackLoafRiver

anyone try stone vertical epic. heard it was the necture of the gods. ended up dumping 3/4 of a bomber. i don't waste beer. should age it for a year i guess. my opinion is if you put a turd in the cellar for a year, it's still a turd. glad i didn't buy 2. it's not for me.

Depends on which Veritcal Epic you got. I have had the 08-08-08 and had the 09-09-09 last year. Not a fan. Each one is supposed to be drastically different.

BeanoNYC

Depends on which Veritcal Epic you got. I have had the 08-08-08 and had the 09-09-09 last year. Not a fan. Each one is supposed to be drastically different.

Yep...this year's combined wine grapes. Wasn't so good.

On another note I was out to dinner last night and had a Unibroue Maudite and A Steenbruge Tripel. Great stuff.

jaywbigred

Yep...this year's combined wine grapes. Wasn't so good.

On another note I was out to dinner last night and had a Unibroue Maudite and A Steenbruge Tripel. Great stuff.

Oh this reminds me, I also recently had a draft Dogfish Head Red & White at Fiddleheads. Very interesting and good. You definitely got the hints of red wine in there. Enjoyable.

BackLoafRiver

Oh this reminds me, I also recently had a draft Dogfish Head Red & White at Fiddleheads. Very interesting and good. You definitely got the hints of red wine in there. Enjoyable.

This is on tap at my favorite watering hole. I will try it out on my next visit. DFH and I have a very love/hate relationship.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I brewed my own Dusseldorf Alt last fall. It was delicious!

http://imgerman.com/2010/11/brewing-your-own-dusseldorf-alt-bier/

IMG_20101106_174636.jpg

Right now I'm drinking some home made double bock. Well, not literally right now; I'm at work; but you get the idea ;)

powpig2002

dogfish head red and white - not bad, different wouldn't BUY it again.but i'd drink yours. for 10 bucks,there are better. just my opinion. 90 minute is a go to.

Grassi21

Brooklyn Dark Chocolate Stout... very tasty. Need to find a local source.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Shared Blue Moons with Mrs. Greg @ Ski Sundown. Thought we were ushering out the season (again) but they may be open again next week. Maybe...

ctenidae

Grimbergen Dubbel Brown and a Kwak on draft at B. Cafe in NYC.
Tasty. Grimbergen was super smooth, awesome session beer. Kwak came in a mini-yard, so that's always fun.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Friday night, we went out on date night at the new version of my old bar hangout. Figured we'd have a bunch of different beers. Between the two of us, we hit: Hooker Blonde, City Steam Naughty Nurse, Flying Dog Raging Bitch, Stone Arrogant Bastard, and Olde Burnside Ten Penny Ale Reserve. The winner was the Ten Penny Ale Reserve--which they sell in growlers, too. I WILL be going back to get some. Very smooth for such a high ABV beer.