• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

deadheadskier

Staff member
Haven't tried the go-to IPA from Stone. Their enjoy by IPA is quite good. I haven't bought their standard IPA in forever despite liking it.

Too many beers to try and not enough time or liver. :lol:

Savemeasammy

Too many beers to try and not enough time or liver. :lol:

Agreed. Although today I deviated from my usual Friday routine of buying some new beers I've yet to try. Instead I grabbed some Founder's Centennial IPA and Wachusett Green Monsta IPA - both of which I know I like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Their enjoy by IPA is quite good.

Having the Scotty Vintage of the Enjoy By tonight

attachment.php

Attachments

• Scotty.jpg
    Scotty.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 116

deadheadskier

Staff member
Agreed. I was over a buddy's and he sent me home with the 12 ounce bottle. It's really good (not as good as Sculpin IMO), but I won't be in a rush to go buy a six pack. I've bought the Enjoy By in a 22 oz before for $7. I really don't like paying over $6 on a 22oz or $12 on a six pack of 12 ounce servings.

In my dreams Ballast Point goes the way of Founders and drops their price! :lol:

soposkier

Checked out Tributary Brewing Company in Kittery last week. Highly recommend it if you are in the area or passing thru when they are open. Had four beers on tap and to go in growlers. I took home a growler of the Gose. Ive grown to like the style and I think this is the first one I have had the is made with the addition of salt water (rather than just salt). Might sound weird but it is good.

ctenidae

Bell's Two Hearted is tasty. They have it pretty commonly in Kentucky, in the greater Bardstown area (though, why you'd need much beer there is beyond me). I just had one in the Atlanta airport on Tuesday.

dmw

If you find yourself unfortunate enough to be in Florida, the Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City is pretty good.

drjeff

10665625-large.jpg

Holy crap is this GOOD! I now know why this annual limited release has a cult like status and is highly coveted in the beer trading world!! The most expensive 4 pack I've ever bought ($24.99) :eek:

A big, bold stout with a great balance of chocolate, coffee, caramel and a mild bourbon finish. It also has a bit of a thick, creamy texture and a mild/moderate warming, alcohol finish - Just a GREAT beer if you are a stout fan!

xwhaler

Not a huge Sam Adams fan...most of them taste similar to me and they are running on mass market reputation lately. That said, the Rebel series is quite good...DIPA fans should give this a try

Attachments

• 1428533782276.jpg
    1428533782276.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 39

deadheadskier

Staff member
I picked that up out of curiosity a few weeks ago. Definitely an upgrade from the typical Sam Adams. It doesn't have ultra complex hops of more craft double IPAs, but at least they're trying.

Enjoying a Maine Beer Company "Lunch" IPA tonight while up in Bangor. Can't go wrong with it. I really need to make it to one of their "Dinner" releases one of these days. I hear that is a really knock your socks off IPA