• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

WoodCore

Picked a 4 pack of these yesterday. Sounds yummy and can't wait to sample tonight. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1431703868.734694.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Traveled to Indianapolis this week for work and made a swap with a coworker. Heady Topper for 3 Floyds Zombie Dust. The ZD definitely lives up to its world class reputation.

Scruffy

Was in Florida for family stuff this past week. Had a few of these:

They were tasty.

Sweetwater%20IPA.png

xwhaler

Woodstock 4k' IPA. Aka Cannon Ale. Tastes good tonight but much better at elevation after chasing PuckIt and crew around

deadheadskier

Staff member
Enjoying a Sebago Simmer Down summer session. Doesn't get great ratings on the beer geek site, but I think it's an excellent summer beer. It actually has some hops to it, which many summer beers are often void of.

drjeff

Enjoying a Sebago Simmer Down summer session. Doesn't get great ratings on the beer geek site, but I think it's an excellent summer beer. It actually has some hops to it, which many summer beers are often void of.

Had one of those Friday night at my local pizza place - agree 100% with you! A flavorful, hoppy session IPA that doesn't get enough credit cards on various beer websites heavily populated with 20 something's with lots of funky facial hair, a wardrobe featuring lots of plaid and retro t-shirts and some type of headware at all times, who claim that anything with an IBU of less than 80-85 can't be any good and have no clue what the hop variances and yeast strains they talk about actually do to the flavor of a beer! ;) :lol: :beer:

Scruffy

Had one of those Friday night at my local pizza place - agree 100% with you! A flavorful, hoppy session IPA that doesn't get enough credit cards on various beer websites heavily populated with 20 something's with lots of funky facial hair, a wardrobe featuring lots of plaid and retro t-shirts and some type of headware at all times, who claim that anything with an IBU of less than 80-85 can't be any good and have no clue what the hop variances and yeast strains they talk about actually do to the flavor of a beer! ;) :lol: :beer:

haha .. as an ex-beer judge for homebrew competitions .. I can appreciate that :beer: Most critics seem to forget beer style when evaluating beers these days.

dlague

I never really thought about IBU too much. So I got curious. I drink mostly IPAs and find myself not liking the highly marketed and sold american beers. I thought this chart was interesting.

IBU.jpg

WoodCore

Enjoying the Grapefruit Sculpin from Ballast Point, great summer beer!

attachment.php

soposkier

Grapefruit Sculpin is good. The habenero Sculpin on the other hand, let's just say interesting. I would highly recommend getting a sample before a full pour if you see it at a bar.