• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

prsboogie

I thought Space Juice was overhyped. The name Space Juice had me thinking it was going to be a juice bomb like a TH or Trillium tyke IPA. Way to much malt for me.
It wasn't a bad beer just not what I was expecting.

I would love to see Long Trail break out with a nice juicy IPA, they were the guys who got me started in craft beer and I have a soft spot in my heart for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a huge fan of malty IPAS either. I had MBC Lunch on draft last night for the first time and that is just straight up awesome.

prsboogie

Tried this one out tonight, definitely at the boundary of my malt limits.

Attachments

• 1450485439685.jpg
    1450485439685.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 52

JDMRoma

Just tried the Spacejuice ! It's hoppier than TrippleBag and Doublebag.
I like it ! It's like a cross between Doublebag and Sickday.
Doesn't seem like a malt bomb to me.
I'm relatively new to this limited release type of beer but I do like it

Double - Tripple- Spacejuice = good BUZZ for a Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Enjoying a Deciduous Epiphyte DIPA courtesy of DHS! Wow this is some real tasty stuff! Can't wait to make it to the tasting room

Attachments

• 1450742233465.jpg
    1450742233465.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 46

prsboogie

I like the Harlan. Very tasty. My local pub has a dedicated Hill Farmstead line.

I had one of these. Baxter Brewing Bootleg Fireworks 2nd Edition DIPA. Very tasty

Picked up a 4 pack. Super undertone of alcohol, very unusual for what I've been drinking

Puck it

Enjoying a Deciduous Epiphyte DIPA courtesy of DHS! Wow this is some real tasty stuff! Can't wait to make it to the tasting room

I had it last night too. It was really good and if he wants to donate some to the Zoomer Bar. He is welcomed any time. And my dog, Bode like it too.

wtcobb

Enjoyed a couple Otter Creek IPAs last night. Kind Ryed and Backseat Berner. The winter seasonal took the nod of appreciation in the waning hours of fall.

prsboogie

Another Treehouse run tonight, 6 Julius and 8 Greens 5 minute wait at 730. Have to reinforce the need to show up just before closing!!

Hit Yankee Spirits and scored a 4 pack or 14th Star Valor

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice to get in and out so quickly. Next time I make an effort I'll go later in the day. Still would be nice to grab at least a case though given how in the middle of nowhere their location is.

prsboogie

Agreed. I was disappointed to only get 6 Julius didn't see that on the website. Still was headed out though, need beer for Xmas dinner!!.

drjeff

Nice to get in and out so quickly. Next time I make an effort I'll go later in the day. Still would be nice to grab at least a case though given how in the middle of nowhere their location is.

Not happening anytime soon unless they either have a secret plan to double capacity or take a week off from selling to build up some supply. The simple fact that with 8 cans limits of Julius of Monday as the only beer available they went through about 300 cases of it just shows how crazy the demand is. The other scary thing is is how ridiculous some of the beer trading requests for TH beers is now!! I saw one yesterday where a guy in Texas was looking to get a bottle of the 20yr old Pappy Van Winkles which he had trade valued at $950 (roughly what the online market is getting for that bottle currently), and in his list of trading options for it, he had a SINGLE can of King Julius listed with an estimated $50 value!!!! Ridiculous, given that when I was at TH on KJ's release day a few weeks ago, it sold for $4 a can!!

I highly doubt that I'll see for a while anything like the can limits offering they started the day with the day before Thanksgiving!! 8 Julius, 8 Haze, 8 Green and 6 Single Shot - 30 cans!! The cult like status that TH has right now just won't let some stock build up to get to the point where regularly you'll be able to get a case or more per person per visit. And the fact that on their FB fan group page there's more and more concern/complaints about newbies going to TH who are doing things like trying to cut to the front of the line when they arrive long after their friends who are legitimately up towards the front of the line because they've been waiting there for a while, people moving other peoples coolers in line, people drinking on property, people either not using the porta-potties or now even apparently locking them so nobody can use them, etc, is unfortunately likely going to lead to some changes that won't be received well by the core group of people who have been there supporting TH from the beginning when they were down by the fleamarket grounds in Brimfield rather than its current location up on the hill in Monson. Growing pains are likely coming, and that's a sad thought...

prsboogie

People suck, that shit is just dumb. I've been a couple times now and haven't had to wait close to closing. I wouldn't wait for Friday and would never go on Saturday at anytime. I get wait I get and don't get upset (as me 7 year old likes to tell her brother)!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I still say the hype dies down sometime next year. They make very good beer. Lots of people do. As mentioned earlier, Second Fiddle was very recently all the rage. Now it's much easier to get.

TH is still in the "have to try it phase". So, you get people like me who go well out of their way do so, determine its really good, but can also get other really good beer with far less effort.

I felt the same about Hill Farmstead. Haven't been back in a year and a half. Hour and a half line then. Though I may go Saturday as I'll be in Northern VT and the skiing doesn't look worth it. I'm curious if it will still be as busy.

drjeff

I still say the hype dies down sometime next year. They make very good beer. Lots of people do. As mentioned earlier, Second Fiddle was very recently all the rage. Now it's much easier to get.

TH is still in the "have to try it phase". So, you get people like me who go well out of their way do so, determine its really good, but can also get other really good beer with far less effort.

I felt the same about Hill Farmstead. Haven't been back in a year and a half. Hour and a half line then. Though I may go Saturday as I'll be in Northern VT and the skiing doesn't look worth it. I'm curious if it will still be as busy.

Heck, I'd go to HF just to check out the woodwork of the bar in their new taproom! The local craftsman up there who built it looks like he did some incredible work from the pictures I've seen posted of it!!

wtcobb

If you'll be in the area and jonesing for HF, stop in Hunger Mountain in Montpelier. Could be tough to find any with holiday foot traffic, but they have a good selection nonetheless.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I didn't think HF was available via retail anywhere except for the brewery. Has that changed?

I agree, Hunger Mountain has a great selection. It's a go to stop for Lawson's for me or Heady. Beverage Baron in Barre is another good place to go.

I'm guessing with the holiday and lack of deliveries, it will be slim pickings on my visit. Only in Stowe for Saturday evening. Probably just hit up Lost Nation on Saturday.

wtcobb

I've gotten it at the co-op going back two years, but that said I can't think of anywhere else I've seen it retail. Like Lawson's or Alchemist you have to luck out to get there for the in-stock. I've picked up Vera Mae and George there in the past.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Weird because they don't traditionally bottle any of their famous IPas. Maybe I'll swing in.

Tonight I'm enjoying a Victory Hop Ranch DIPA. Super crushable for a 9% beer.

Attachments

• 1450913218200.jpg
    1450913218200.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 25