• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

wtcobb

George is their Brown Ale and Vera Mae a Saison - I believe you're correct for the IPA.

attachment.php

Might as well...

Attachments

• IMG_20151223_183447_383.jpg
    IMG_20151223_183447_383.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 121

deadheadskier

Staff member
Kick ass Xmas surprise just arrived from some friends in Chicago.

Attachments

• 1450990838261.jpg
    1450990838261.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 48

drjeff

It's been a good Christmas Eve! 2 King Julius's a Julius and a Green. Not to mention family and memories made!

Attachments

• 1451011230814.jpg
    1451011230814.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 45

prsboogie

Stoneface ipa, lagunitas a little sumpin' extra, night shift - awake (very good coffee porter) gonna finish off a Julius as I (Sa ta that is) wraps the final gifts.

chuckstah

Had a Hill Farmstead Dorothy, good not great, and a Dogfishhead Pennsylvania Tuxedo, which was quite good. Like a pale ale with a Christmas tree blended in.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Friend gave me one of these. I had not had a DIPA from Rock Art before. Really tasty

Attachments

• 1451521895315.jpg
    1451521895315.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 35

HD333

Hit up Armsby Abbey today for lunch and a couple Hill Farmstead's, Harlan and Mosaic, both where great.
Comfort food was on point as well, Tomato Soup with grilled cheese and Mac and Cheese for the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roark

Best beer stores in Boston? Here all week. Had a tasty sour and imperial stout at Cambridge tonight.

prsboogie

Fort Point don't have the address though. You should head over to Night Shift Brewery in Everett Ma, great stuff.

meff

Craft Beer Cellar is pretty good for a beer store. For Breweries, Trillium in Fort Point and Canton is good as is Nightshift mentioned above. For bars, if you haven't hit Lord Hobo yet try to get over there.

HD333

While not a beer store don't miss Trillium on Congress St in the Seaport. They sell 750ml bottles and do growler fills (their own growlers) right next door is Fort Point Market where you should fine a good selection of bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctenidae

Brooklyn Brewing Quintaceratops. I had very high hopes, which were ruthlessly dashed. Sour socks mixed with cough medicine, and a hint of something that doesn't taste good. I got three sips in, and had to dump it. Wasn't skunked, just awful.

roark

thanks guys. am familiar with trillium and made another stop there tonight - reasonable walk from the hotel. between the summer st growlette and the stoufffe bottle I picked up at whole foods I'm feeling pretty good... will refill the growlette tomorrow!

took a look at lord hobo's draft list and took a pass - familiar with all the non-local stuff and not that excited by their local options. had the boom sauce before, it's ok but not something I'd go out of my way for. and holy crap - $15 for a beer that's not rare or hard to find (or even that good for the style)? WTH? That's almost as bad as the $26 whole foods is charging for goose island bourbon barrel stout! (suggested msrp ~$9).

deadheadskier

Staff member
$15 for a can of Boom Sauce at the bar associated with the brewery? Or are you talking about another beer they sell at Hobo? I like Hobo for their European offerings and the food can be pretty good.

prsboogie

thanks guys. am familiar with trillium and made another stop there tonight - reasonable walk from the hotel. between the summer st growlette and the stoufffe bottle I picked up at whole foods I'm feeling pretty good... will refill the growlette tomorrow!

took a look at lord hobo's draft list and took a pass - familiar with all the non-local stuff and not that excited by their local options. had the boom sauce before, it's ok but not something I'd go out of my way for. and holy crap - $15 for a beer that's not rare or hard to find (or even that good for the style)? WTH? That's almost as bad as the $26 whole foods is charging for goose island bourbon barrel stout! (suggested msrp ~$9).

Metro Boston prices suck. There is a Yard House next to Fenway thats really good, food and drink selection.