Random Beers - Page 79

AlpineZone

Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Beers

Had a Unibroue 17 (17th anniversary ale) on Satruday. Not sure if it had skunked (cork was stuck in teh bottle, had to break teh top off adn use a corkscrew, but other than that the cork was fine), but it seriously didn't taste any different from some of my less succesful batches of homebrew. I was surprised and dissapopinted.

Non plaudite. Modo pecuniam jacite.

A keg is nothing but a big can.

http://www.boston.com/business/artic..._beers/?page=1

Canning beer is taking off in NE.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Considering that an 18 pack suitcase cooler full of cans fits SO much better in the basket of a golfcart that a traditional cooler for bottles, I'm TOTALLY thrilled with this trend to put more micro's in cans!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season; 60 days '07-'14 seasons: 353 Days

Love it. Picked up a 12 of SNPA in cans this past weekend. Cans fit so much better into an active lifestyle, boats, bikes, hikes.

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Considering that an 18 pack suitcase cooler full of cans fits SO much better in the basket of a golfcart that a traditional cooler for bottles, I'm TOTALLY thrilled with this trend to put more micro's in cans!
    Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Love it. Picked up a 12 of SNPA in cans this past weekend. Cans fit so much better into an active lifestyle, boats, bikes, hikes.
    It's apparently better for the beer too, totally cuts out the light. Definitely a trend I've seen in my LBS as well the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    It's apparently better for the beer too, totally cuts out the light. Definitely a trend I've seen in my LBS as well the last year.
    I read that and was - why would canning be a big deal at your Local Bike Shop?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Seriously- those guys tend to drink cheap gunge that's been sold in cans forever, anyway.
    Non plaudite. Modo pecuniam jacite.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Seriously- those guys tend to drink cheap gunge that's been sold in cans forever, anyway.
    I bring my Local Bike Shop guys a nice cold six pack of something tasty (usually in bottles) every once in a while as a surprise gift. That's just the way I roll. .

But, the Local Beer Shop has been stocking more and more canned microbeers as they've been coming out.

Broke into the 2nd to last growler of Troegs Nugget Nectar. LBS tapped the last 1/2 keg they can get this season. I'm sure you can find them in bottles still.

The nugget nectar is a really good beer. And, it is especially good to wash down a safety mtg.

My buddy owns a few restaurants and maintains a very nice and tasty beer selection in his places. So, he knows I'm a big fan of the Maine Beer Co., Zoe, which is very hard to find. But, his wholesale distributor got a few cases and he ordered one for me! Psych. I'll get it Wednesday or Thursday. Comes to about 4.25/16.6 oz. bottle. Pretty damn good, considering my LBS has it for 7.99/per.

Thread Information