• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

deadheadskier

Staff member
Three 12s? Do you work in healthcare? That probably won't be too bad. Maybe a bit of slowdown around Pike, Waltham and route 2 in the AM. Evening should be fine.

Good luck getting the job!

prsboogie

Thanks, and yes, I'm an RN. The traffic is my only reservation at this point. The management and coworkers I've met seem pretty nice and relatively easy to get along with.

JDMRoma

That's the schedule I'd want. 128 is a shit show most mornings by 6:30 and the again by 2:30.

The shift saves the job. I wouldn't do it any later ! As long as I leave by 230 I'm ok. Still sucks... But I'm up early which helps on the weekends for skiing !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm assuming Lahey? Nice facility. I've got some friends who work at Beverly and Addison who really enjoy it.

JDMRoma

I hopefully will be starting a new job in Burlington with a 730 start, travelling north from the Providence area. At least it's 3-12s and I won't be leaving to head home until 8PM

Congrats on the new job ! Those hours are going to be good ! Certainly leaving at 8 and damn a 3 day week is awesome. Good playtime in the winter !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Thanks guys, need to finalize the comp package so it still could go south if the $$ isn't what I want it to be but the manager has called me every other day asking if I'm interested. I keep telling he to get in touch with Comp to make the offer and they are giving her the runaround. DHS yes Lahey.

I am hopeful for a snowy season and will be able to put some good miles on my peak pass with the available days off.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Tonight's selection is Fort Point Pale. Equally if not more impressive than the IPA I tried last night.

Attachments

• 1465597167523.jpg
    1465597167523.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 39

soposkier

Otter Creek Fresh Slice White IPA. Really enjoying the stuff coming out of Otter Creek with Brew master Mike. They sell mix 12 packs, so its great to mix it up from the standard IPAs.

Attachments

• 1465773150466.jpg
    1465773150466.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 38

drjeff

Future Glow from Burlington Beer Co - a beer that's only 3.9% ABV just really shouldn't be allowed to have this much crisp, hoppy flavor!!! Burlington Beer Co describes it as a American Table Beer. It works very well for my palate for sure!

I'd buy a case of this for a summer session beer, if the store in VT still had any left when I went back yesterday to buy more than the original 4 pack I got!

Attachments

• 1466347541922.jpg
    1466347541922.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 31

prsboogie

Proclamation Derivative Mosaic - fantastic crushable flavor, session light on the tongue with a 6% ABV. Had it at Chomp Kitchen in Warren RI. Great burgers and always amazing craft tap/bottle/can selections

deadheadskier

Staff member
Stopped by a friend's earlier today. He had just got back from Hill Farmstead. Been awhile since I had their double citra. Amazing. Also was informed lines aren't really an issue anymore with the brewery expansion. I'll need to pop over next time I'm up in Northern VT.

WoodCore

Have a couple new flavors to try this weekend at the Jazz Festival in Saratoga.

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_5715.jpg

drjeff

Have a couple new flavors to try this weekend at the Jazz Festival in Saratoga.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Trailblazer and Pioneer's America IPA are both very solid brews, that show that CT can brew some beer like some other states to the North that share some shoreline with the CT river!

Trailblazer, or at least the last batch from a few weeks ago, is very much a New England style "juice bomb" IPA that to my taste buds is very close to Treehouse's Julius. There American style IPA is a very good West Coast style IPA with more of a distinct resiny backbone.

I've been quite impressed with all the 3 offerings that Pioneer is currently brewing, and look forward to them opening up their own brewery (they're currently using the Shebeen Brewery in Wolcott for their brewing location) in South Windsor hopefully later this year! :beer:

WoodCore

Pioneer had a great showing at the Trailblazer release yesterday. They started with 150 cases at noon, I grabbed my 19 cans (max limit) at around 1:30 and it looked like they would be pretty close to selling out by 3pm. Line was at least 75 deep at the opening bell.

HD333

Trillium/Evil Twin collaboration Trillikini, 3.3% session IPA. Real nice. I'd compare it to Night Shift Whirlpool, I think it may be better actually. Tons if hop flavor for such a low abv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wonder if they'll have any in Canton next week. I might be down that way. Does Trillium can often? All they had was Bombers and Growler fills the one time I made it to Canton a few weeks ago