Random Beers - Page 80

AlpineZone

Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Beers

I made a trip the beer Mecca that is Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, MA yesterday to pick up some craft brew bomber bottles as a birthday/new outdoor kitchen + firepit gift for my brother. And in browsing through the selection I happened upon what might in theory be my dream beer, Rogue's new limited release Voodoo Donut. I was initially drawn to check it out by it's can't miss bright pink bottle. Then when I read the description, I was suddenly putting a few into my shopping cart. It's a 5.6% ABV MAPLE BACON Ale!!!

As i'm in my final few hardcore training days for this weekend Tough Mudder at Mount Snow, I've yet to do more than just look at the bottle and think of what it will taste like after I finish Tough Mudder this Saturday. A "trip report" will follow for sure!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season; 60 days '07-'14 seasons: 353 Days

http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2...ch_top_can.php

Now easier to pour! (after reading further I guess this is nothing new, but that a lot of beer cans had this ability in the '70s, predating me)

If they really want to make shotgunning easier I say put one on the side of the can and market exclusively to college students. If i was trying to decide what cheap beer to buy amongst keystone, busch, etc... id probably go with the one that had a prepunched hole.

Anyone want to pick the target demographic there?
    Non plaudite. Modo pecuniam jacite.

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post

Anyone want to pick the target demographic there?
    The lead judges for the Great American Brewer's Festival??

The members of The Augusta National Golf Club??

The members of the Ferrari Owners Club of America??

The United States Table Tennis Association??

'07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season; 60 days '07-'14 seasons: 353 Days

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by soposkier View Post
    http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2...ch_top_can.php

Now easier to pour! (after reading further I guess this is nothing new, but that a lot of beer cans had this ability in the '70s, predating me)

If they really want to make shotgunning easier I say put one on the side of the can and market exclusively to college students. If i was trying to decide what cheap beer to buy amongst keystone, busch, etc... id probably go with the one that had a prepunched hole.
    Why don't they try and make it taste good so you could savor the flavor rather than shotgun it?

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I need to find some of this!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I need to find some of this!
    HA! I thought of you and your Bacon thread(s?), when I read Jeff's post yesterday!

Camera Heady Topper

Now that I'm back and forth to VT, I've been enjoying Heady Topper from the Alchemist Cannery/Brewery in Waterbury. This beer is a very very very hoppy IPA. It's hard to find but well worth the effort!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    Why don't they try and make it taste good so you could savor the flavor rather than shotgun it?
    Because shotgunning beer is fun.

There are plenty of good beers to buy and savor. On that note bought some heady topper in MA last week, last one of the one case the liquor store got. I must say it lived up to all the hype and more.

Quote Originally Posted by soposkier View Post
    Because shotgunning beer is fun.

There are plenty of good beers to buy and savor. On that note bought some heady topper in MA last week, last one of the one case the liquor store got. I must say it lived up to all the hype and more.
    Where in MA can you get the heady topper??
    Peter

Thread Information