• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

xwhaler

This year's version of KBS is as solid as past years! Lots of chocolatey, coffee, mellow bourbon goodness.

Found it on tap a few days ago at the Yard house on International Drive in Orlando a few days ago. And on top of that I've managed to find and buy 9 bottles thus far of the '17 KBS as well as still having 9 bottles of the '16 KBS! Not only do I really like KBS, but it's my wife's favorite beer as well!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
Had it on draft today at the Two Black Dogs Country Pub in Fryeburg Maine. Had never heard of this beer until I saw DHS mention it on here. So I gave it a try. Definitely a unique beer. Couldn't drink more than one at a time though.

Was a good start to my long wknd up in the MWV

drjeff

Had it on draft today at the Two Black Dogs Country Pub in Fryeburg Maine. Had never heard of this beer until I saw DHS mention it on here. So I gave it a try. Definitely a unique beer. Couldn't drink more than one at a time though.

Was a good start to my long wknd up in the MWV

My wife had 4 KBS's one afternoon early season this year at the base Lodge bar at Mount Snow!!!!

Let's just say that she achieved "legendary status" amongst many of the bar regulars that afternoon, and was often referred to as "The KBS lady" for the next month or 2!!! She was out cold for the night at 5:15PM that afternoon [emoji33] [emoji12]

drjeff

fbe978c2f170483352538b33610df70c.jpg

Great Rhythm Brewing out of Portsmouth, NH Squeeze NE style DIPA!!

Another solid, juicy NE DIPA! Lots of orange, grapefruit, and mango notes to my palate - reminds me greatly of a Julius. No complaints when one of my relatives brought this for me to Easter dinner today!

prsboogie

fbe978c2f170483352538b33610df70c.jpg

Great Rhythm Brewing out of Portsmouth, NH Squeeze NE style DIPA!!

Another solid, juicy NE DIPA! Lots of orange, grapefruit, and mango notes to my palate - reminds me greatly of a Julius. No complaints when one of my relatives brought this for me to Easter dinner today!

I like squeeze quite a lot. Cool little brewery also. Location location location right on an inlet in Portsmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1492462298.273434.jpgpicked this up on my way home from Wildcat Saturday. Full Clip Limited Release. Decent, think I like the IPA better but totally drinkable.

prsboogie

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1493157817.200093.jpg
Not a juice bomb but a really nice flavor, bordering on West Coast style but not malty.

drjeff

c795126fdbaa1b3b9212817e3411ea99.jpg

A CT Brewery (brewing for themselves) putting out a serious New England Style juice bomb of an IPA! Thomas Hooker brewing, no filter New England Style IPA! Tons of orange, mango and pineapple with a smooth finish!

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've definitely had that experience. I bought a case of Epiphany once and held onto some of it for too long. After about six weeks the malt starts to dominate the hops

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

HD333

The problem with a fridge like that is drinking the IPAs before the hop flavor starts to degrade.

Let me know if you need help.

Yup.

Of the 12 beers I was able to buy at TH on Wed I have given 4 away already (I haven't even cracked one yet) as I know they need to be drunk sooner than I would be able to responsibly go through 12.

First World Problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

Just as an FYI, as of last Sunday, there's a new (or at least newly reopened) brewery in Southern VT, Beer Naked Brewery on Route 9 in Marlboro across from the former Hogback Ski area. They used to be down in Wilmington as part of the Pizzapolooza restaurant before being closed for about a year until reopening now in it's new location. Their brews in the past were solid.

The taproom for tastings, as well a can and crowler sales are available now, and the views should be amazing from its location. I just missed it's reopening last weekend by about an hour :( I plan on checking it out either this coming weekend or the following weekend when I'm back up in VT again

Last edited:

drjeff

Been on a "kids a sleep away camp" Vermont Vacation (VT-cation) with my wife this week. Did a 2 day road trip with an overnight in Waterbury with so far six brewery stops (Beernaked, Ottercreek, Woodchuck Cidery, Fiddlehead, Foam, Alchemist and Prohibition Pig).... A few of my favorites!!

20bb8e7965267e7db87ed59c511451a5.jpg

Foam's Lupi Fresh IPA on the left and Foam's Vivrant Thing sour in the Teku glass on the right. Both seriously good beers in their styles. And if you haven't been to Foam, it's location in Burlington is amazing!

3d9a31ddd4e0eae24a18dd1b54e4f910.jpg

Some Heady Topper at the Alchemist. Ok, I know they brew Heady in Waterbury and not the new place in Stowe, but I at least spent the night at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Waterbury, literally next to the other Alchemist location, so that counts, right? 😋

e60afc513a208828362f09b78563d4a7.jpg

Hill Farmstead 's Susan IPA at the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury. Great old school, non juice bomb IPA in a great restaurant, and the fact it's named after my wife didn't hurt either! 😁

So many great VT beers and locations to have them in VT!