Random Beers - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 181 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Beers

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Anyone try anything from Dogfish Head? I tried their 90 minute IPA. Besides packing a punch (9% alc) it is a damn good tasting beverage.
    boys...look at the 3rd post in this thread. Dogfish is all i drink these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    I'll have to watch my beer intake more carefully and supplement it with the occasional shot to keep the calories down.
    Sounds like a plan

Which brings a question to mind... what's up with some NH bars that won't serve you 2 drinks at once (i.e. beer and a shot). But some will... what gives? And the no drinks in the bathroom, that's stupid. Hasn't the ABC ever heard of GHB?

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    boys...look at the 3rd post in this thread. Dogfish is all i drink these days.
    I had a feeling it came up before, but what can I say. I'm lazy. Wish I could get dogfish head here.

SW NH natives: where does one go for good beer selection?

Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    I had a feeling it came up before, but what can I say. I'm lazy. Wish I could get dogfish head here.

SW NH natives: where does one go for good beer selection?
    Yeah I'm lazy too. I figured it was in this thread or the Favorite Adult Beverage one.

Chateau Jiahu (Dogfish)

Drank it last night. Apparently, the ancient Chinese used a lot of copper in their beers. Initial taste is like sucking on a penny. Not entirely pleasant. Next comes a light crispness, tasted of apples a touch. After that, not much of anything. No lingering hawthorne or honey or anything else. carbonation is nice- very fine bubbles, almost champagne-y. Despite the fact it's brewed from a 9,000 year old recipe, almost entirely unremarkeable. Dissapointing, really. I was really hoping for either something amazing or something terrible, not something, well, nothing.

Had the latest Big A IPA form Smutty. Fantastic, as usual.

Drank more of my homebrew... gotta keep drinking it. The faster I drink it the more batches I make and the cheaper it becomes...

I love economics...
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Drank more of my homebrew... gotta keep drinking it. The faster I drink it the more batches I make and the cheaper it becomes...

I love economics...
    That rationale was a big part of me making the leap to all grain. Now I just need to find a local store that charges a reasonable amount for a sack of 2 row...

So you're saying there's no hope then... sweet.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Random Bears:

Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Thread Information