• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

jimk

Had a Magic Hat #9 before attending Nats-Mets game here in DC last night. Nice, mild ale that goes down easy in summertime. Run of the mill for you New Englanders, but Magic Hat brews are a fun and slightly exotic choice for us southerners. :beer:

BackLoafRiver

#9 was my gateway beer. I don't have such a strong affinity for it anymore but it was the beer that got me into beer drinking. (Growing up in Vermont, I felt obliged to drink local. :) )

dlague

#9 was my gateway beer. I don't have such a strong affinity for it anymore but it was the beer that got me into beer drinking. (Growing up in Vermont, I felt obliged to drink local. :) )

One of the earlier craft brews that got me started too. Wanted to know what all the hype was about.

ctenidae

attachment.php

If you're gonna molest'er, better drink Chester!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Picked up a 6 pack of Waschusett Larry

attachment.php

Really delicious DIPA. Lots of citrus and pine hops on the front end with a malty backbone. IMHO, this is a really quality Double IPA. And, with a ski area in the name, it already had a leg up before I even tasted it! :spread::snow::spread::snow:.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wachusett-larry-imperial-ipa/115369/

Attachments

• beer_115369.jpg
    beer_115369.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 128

HD333

As a self proclaimed IPA lover I urge anyone who loves the hops to pick up a bottle of Jack's Abbey Kiwi Rising. Technically a Double India Pale LARGER, it is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

603Skier

Tap house grille rules! Try a 603 18 mile ale really really good!

ScottySkis

I not drinking beer tonight but over the weekend I had some coor s light in the fridge while getting stoned with well you all know nice 15 % THC . looking forward to better stuff back in stock got to down with smell herb.

Last edited:

ctenidae

I not drinking beer tonight but over the weekend I had some coor s light in the fridge while getting stoned with well you all know nice 15 % THC . looking forward to better stuff back in stock got to down with smell herb.

I'm not certain, but I interpret that as "Coors Light tastes like ass even when you're stoned out of your gourd and it's the only beer in the fridge."

If so, I would tend to agree.

Cornhead

I'm not certain, but I interpret that as "Coors Light tastes like ass even when you're stoned out of your gourd and it's the only beer in the fridge."

If so, I would tend to agree.

I can remember when Coor's Light first came out, my thoughts were, "What? Coors is friggin "light" to begin with, this must taste like water." I was right.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

moresnow

As a self proclaimed IPA lover I urge anyone who loves the hops to pick up a bottle of Jack's Abbey Kiwi Rising. Technically a Double India Pale LARGER, it is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lagering does some wonderful things to IPAs. If you can find it, you should try Founders Dissenter. Amazing, but a limited run.

ScottySkis

Yes on the weekend I drank some barley Coors crappy taste but don't need many when I combined with mj. If I drinking I like whiskey Red Stag by Jim Bean please.

ctenidae

Baxter Brewing Phantom Punch Winter Stout. In a can.

Pretty good, I must say. Good heft, nice malty chocolate, without being overpowering. I feared, opening it up, that it would be an overly aggressive attempt to make a big stout, as many breweries are wont to do. But, it was controlled and effective. Went well with pork ribs, but then, what doesn't?

drjeff

Anyone going up I-91 on their way to VT - stop in Greenfield, MA (EXIT 26 for rte 2 West, but head East into Greenfield) and find Lefty's Brewery!! Great local brewery! Their Maple Ale, Maple Oatmeal Stout, chocolate Oatmeal stout, big breakie (bacon chocolate oatmeal stout) and Irish stout that I've had have all been amazing!! Buy a bomber (usually under $7!) If you're passing through the area!!