• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

jimk

It was a 12 pack and this is supposedly premium stuff. It wasn't terrible, just nothing I would rate as worth checking out and I'm often ok with mainstream beers.

Tin

I've gotten into the bourbon barrel stuff lately. The Alltech-Lexington Kentucky Bourbon Barrell Stout is pretty good. More coffee tasting than bourbon. Trying their Barleywine right now, Tuesday might be rough, I started at 3:30.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

drjeff

Some of those styles get a bit too heavy for me as far as alcohol. I had a Dogfish Burton Baton last week. It was tasty, but almost, too much IMHO.

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/year-round-brews/burton-baton.htm

Agree! Also, with some of these "heavier"/Bourbon Barrel/Higher ABV beers, there's just something mentally I have about having one (OK usually more than one ;) ) in the warm weather vs. in the colder weather.

I do enjoy those styles, when done right and not too much of a pure alcohol finish flavor, but in the warmer weather, I'm much more likely to enjoy something "lighter" and crisper in flavor, and if it's quite hoppy, then I'm usually quite happy this time of year! :)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Agree! Also, with some of these "heavier"/Bourbon Barrel/Higher ABV beers, there's just something mentally I have about having one (OK usually more than one ;) ) in the warm weather vs. in the colder weather.

I do enjoy those styles, when done right and not too much of a pure alcohol finish flavor, but in the warmer weather, I'm much more likely to enjoy something "lighter" and crisper in flavor, and if it's quite hoppy, then I'm usually quite happy this time of year! :)

Agree, Jeff. Hoppiness is Happiness for me! All year 'round!

dlague

Speaking of random beers! I went to a store in Concord, NH called Barb's Beer Emporium and had a look around. They had a boat load of variety and I picked out 6 bottles of beer that I never had before. This time around I bought 3 Pale Ales and 3 IPAs. I will edit later with the list!

"As you enter the store, grab a custom 6 pack carrier and start your adventure in mixing your brew pack." Barb

Savemeasammy

Speaking of random beers! I went to a store in Concord, NH called Barb's Beer Emporium and had a look around. They had a boat load of variety and I picked out 6 bottles of beer that I never had before. This time around I bought 3 Pale Ales and 3 IPAs. I will edit later with the list!

"As you enter the store, grab a custom 6 pack carrier and start your adventure in mixing your brew pack." Barb

I've heard about this place from someone else, too, so I will need to check it out. I'm curious to read about what you got and how you liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

I've heard about this place from someone else, too, so I will need to check it out. I'm curious to read about what you got and how you liked it.

It is pretty cool - stuff you can not find in supermarket!

Another cool place is Tap House Grill in Hooksett, NH where they have fifty beers on tap! You can also design your own beer flights.

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

ctenidae

The Cisco Whale's Tale is quite good. They can it, too, so it is a regular boat beer. Southern Tier has been turning out some good product, though I haven't had the 2X IPA (not such a big hop head).

Savemeasammy

^ of course when I QUOTE your pic I can see it (for some reason)...!