• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

drjeff

Going local with my next town over nano brewery, Black Pond Brewing's Southern Belle Belgian IPA - nice smooth, moderately spiced Belgian start with a moderate hoppy finish - fun to talk with the brewmasters and hear what they're trying to do with their Brew and then taste it with them :beer:

drjeff

Finally tried it tonight, really solid!

Had 2 the last 2 days at 2 of my local GOOD pubs - good twist on a modern Lager (Jack's Abbey's strong suit), with some IPA juicy, dankness (ottercreek's strong suit!) - liked it!

WoodCore

Had 2 the last 2 days at 2 of my local GOOD pubs - good twist on a modern Lager (Jack's Abbey's strong suit), with some IPA juicy, dankness (ottercreek's strong suit!) - liked it!

Good to hear! Picked up a 6 pack on Friday and have it on the tasting menu this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

It really is a nice blend of flavors, light hops and malt flavors. Can't wait to try more for Jack's Abby, ashamed to say this was my first taste of anything from them.

Scruffy

Not to be a Debby Downer, but porters and stouts are both ales.

Until you mix and match styles with yeast, which is done more and more these days. But, first commercially successfully done by Fritz Maytag ( of the Maytag Appliance fame ), who mixed lager yeast with Pale Ale recipe and created Anchor Steam - back in the 1970's, way before all this new fangled crafty brew movement these kids all talk about.

Scruffy

Don't get me wrong if winter started tomorrow I'd be quite pleased, but something annoys me about seeing fall beers in July.

I saw Shipyard Pumpkin Head in the store today. It's July 25th. Probably been there since earlier in the week.

Fall beer season shouldn't start until Labor Day.

Pumpkin Beer just plain sucks donkey balls. In fact that's what it taste like. I like pumpkin pie, hate pumpkin beer. Can't stand the sh!t.

Scruffy

After that all the different styles come from the ingredients used: grains, hops, yeast strain, and other adjuncts (fruit, sugars, coffee, ect.).

I personally find it amazing that so many flavors can be created from so few ingredients.

It is amazing, and Germany perfected a whole industry on four ingredients. Water, beers largest ingredient by volume, is one of the biggest flavor changers of beer. And, then there's off flavors caused by wild yeast or, heaven forbid bacteria!

moresnow

It is amazing, and Germany perfected a whole industry on four ingredients. Water, beers largest ingredient by volume, is one of the biggest flavor changers of beer. And, then there's off flavors caused by wild yeast or, heaven forbid bacteria!

I love sours. Nothing wrong with a little funk.

Puck it

Mistakenly had a Gose beer poured for me at Cisco. It was terrible!!!!!!! Brewed with salt water.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Having a Frost Beer Works "More IIPA."

Brewery out of Hinesberg, VT that I picked up at the Warren Store Monday.

Kind of meh. Not bad, but really malt forward and minimal hops for a DIPA.

drjeff

Logs of multiple varieties of Hill Farmstead brews will be tapped up at the summit of Mount Snow in their Bullwheel Restaurant in the summit Lodge this weekend! :beer:

If I wasn't in NJ this weekend at my sister in laws wedding, I know that I'd be up there enjoying the views and brews