• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

soposkier

Stores got a shipment a week or two ago. But I think most places only got one case, maybe two, so its probably all gone by now.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Picked up the case of Zoe's last night from my buddy. Had them in the fridge over night. It is just delicious. It truly is, as the label states, a Happy, Hoppy, Amber Ale. Mmmn, Mmmmn! Ended up being $5.25/16.9 oz bottle.....and that's wholesale! Pricey, but it is definitely worth it. Could very well be my favorite. Definitely top 3.

soposkier

Picked up the case of Zoe's last night from my buddy. Had them in the fridge over night. It is just delicious. It truly is, as the label states, a Happy, Hoppy, Amber Ale. Mmmn, Mmmmn! Ended up being $5.25/16.9 oz bottle.....and that's wholesale! Pricey, but it is definitely worth it. Could very well be my favorite. Definitely top 3.

Have you tried Lunch? Not sure which one I like better, don't buy them enough due to the price, but like you said definitly worth it.

Also just picked up a 4-Pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo pounders, might have to become the go to hiking beer.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Have you tried Lunch? Not sure which one I like better, don't buy them enough due to the price, but like you said definitly worth it.

Also just picked up a 4-Pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo pounders, might have to become the go to hiking beer.

I have had the Lunch. I like the lunch better than the Peeper's Ale. But, IMHO, I like the Zoe better than the Lunch.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Alas, no Rogue Voodoo Doughnut at Valley Spirits. But I did pick up some Brewnette Beaver (Beaver Beer Company) and Doggie Style (Flying Dog). :D

kickstand

I have had the Lunch. I like the lunch better than the Peeper's Ale. But, IMHO, I like the Zoe better than the Lunch.

I just picked up a Peeper and a Mean Old Tom. That was all the beer store had for Maine Brewing. Was hoping they had some Heady Topper, but no luck. Never had it before.

drjeff

I made a trip the beer Mecca that is Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, MA yesterday to pick up some craft brew bomber bottles as a birthday/new outdoor kitchen + firepit gift for my brother. And in browsing through the selection I happened upon what might in theory be my dream beer, Rogue's new limited release Voodoo Donut. I was initially drawn to check it out by it's can't miss bright pink bottle. Then when I read the description, I was suddenly putting a few into my shopping cart. It's a 5.6% ABV MAPLE BACON Ale!!!

Rogue-Voodoo-Doughnut-Bacon-Maple-Ale.jpg

As i'm in my final few hardcore training days for this weekend Tough Mudder at Mount Snow, I've yet to do more than just look at the bottle and think of what it will taste like after I finish Tough Mudder this Saturday. A "trip report" will follow for sure! :) :beer: :)

My TR:

Upon opening that big pink bottle the pour is medium amber and clear with an average amount of head. The aroma had me thinking breakfast. Definite maple, definite smoky/bacon smell. This really got my taste buds excited!!

The taste, kind of a let down to be honest with you after how good the aroma was. My taste buds could detect some maple and definitely had some smoke with a moderate hoppy finish. My 1st taste impression was something along the lines of a Sam Adams Boston Lager with a mild smoky finish. I had no problems finshing it, and would likely buy another pink bottle if I happen to come across it again. Overall I'd give it a "B" - above average and quite acceptable, but there just seemed like there was more potential for something better than the end result

kickstand

Let us (me) know how you like them.

I'm definitely interested in trying the heady topper. I'm going to look next time I'm at the LBS.

Drinking the Peeper right now. Was amazed at how the smell of the hops jumped out of the bottle when I opened it. Not as heavy as I expected but it's very hoppy. Tasty brew. I'd get it again.

HD333

A friend gave me a sixer of 16oz Narraganset Summers, not bad, good session beer it is only 4.25% so you can have a few.
With the weather looking good for the weekend anyone have any summer beer suggestions?

kickstand

Just remembered - I'll be on a small road trip this Thursday and swinging by my buddy's place to pick up the stash of Lawson's Finest he has for me. Looking at the photo, it looks like I have:

Double Sunshine IPA
Big Hapi
Triple Play IPA
Fayston Maple Imperial Stout
Permagrin Rye
Maple Tripple - not sure which year and which barrel it was aged in

I cannot wait. These things are like to gold to those of us who don't frequent the MRV.

drjeff

Guinness draught in the bottles.....keep it in the bottle or use a glass?

Gotta pour it into a glass if for no other reason than that you get to watch that glorious display of bubbles mooving downward that is so classically Guinness! :beer:

drjeff

I know I did a TR on this brew back in March when they tapped a keg of it up in the Station Taproom at Mount Snow during the Stations last weekend of operation this past season, but Ayinger Brau Weisse is totally going to be my summer beer this year!

Ayinger_Brau_Wei_4cd6e9e34f664.jpg

This to my taste buds is what a summer wheat beer is all about! Nice semi cloudy medium yellow color, smallish head on the pour. Nice floral aroma inside of the glass. A clean, crisp first taste that has a mild/moderate spicey/citrusy finish. Works quite well to me with a wedge of lemon being my preference slightly over a wedge of orange. And at 5.1% ABV it has a bit higher alcohol content than many summer brews. Plus at about $3.50 for a 750ml bottle at a couple of my better stocked local package stores its quite reasonable for what it brings!

deadheadskier

Staff member
While I appreciate a good brew, I don't get quite as hyped up about beer as most of you guys.

That said, I was freakin' STOKED to see Long Trail announce that they are introducing both Long Trail Ale and Blackberry Wheat in a can format.

Cans are definitely the superior format for away from the home (or restaurant/bar) imbibing. Nice to see the Craft Brewers starting to produce their products in cans.

HD333

While I appreciate a good brew, I don't get quite as hyped up about beer as most of you guys.

That said, I was freakin' STOKED to see Long Trail announce that they are introducing both Long Trail Ale and Blackberry Wheat in a can format.

Cans are definitely the superior format for away from the home (or restaurant/bar) imbibing. Nice to see the Craft Brewers starting to produce their products in cans.
Long Trail in cans = AWESOME. Love this trend.

vdk03

I saw this the other day as well and was pumped. Maybe those cans will get distributed a little farther west. I'm down to one Long Trail left from the stock we brought out here with us in December.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

meff

You are out in the center of craft beer, while I like Long Trail there are a lot of amazing options out there!

It is cool to see cans taking off, so much easier to bring with you, even for tailgating and the such.