• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

drjeff

Picked up a little bit of Trillium today.

Being able to do this in under 10 minutes puts these guys ahead of Treehouse for me.
7f94cba377bd42219628625a4fba2ad1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trillium is kind of like Disneyworld - they're really good at allowing you to have a fun time and have figured out how to take even more of your money even quicker! ;) :lol: :beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm thinking that stack of beers is probably the equivalent of tickets for a family of four to Disney World. :lol:

My stomach wishes I lived closer to Trillium. My wallet be like, "Ah hell no."

HD333

I'm thinking that stack of beers is probably the equivalent of tickets for a family of four to Disney World. :lol:

My stomach wishes I lived closer to Trillium. My wallet be like, "Ah hell no."

I have an office in the Seaport and my wife works 15 from the Canton location so I am spoiled, usually get a 4 pack every other week or so.

I made the mistake yesterday of telling a friend I was grabbing some. I think he took orders from guys in his neighborhood.

deadheadskier

Staff member
That was me last week. Asked a buddy figuring he would like a couple four packs and ended up getting an order for a case and a half Growler.

drjeff

I have an office in the Seaport and my wife works 15 from the Canton location so I am spoiled, usually get a 4 pack every other week or so.

I made the mistake yesterday of telling a friend I was grabbing some. I think he took orders from guys in his neighborhood.

That was me last week. Asked a buddy figuring he would like a couple four packs and ended up getting an order for a case and a half Growler.

I've been on both ends of that scenario before!!! No problems being the mule for a buddy and getting them some good beer if I'm going already as long as they're willing to return the favor with some equally desirable beers in the future. If it turns out to be a repetitive one way request where I'm the one picking some up for them and the favor isn't returned after I've helped stock their beer fridges a few times, then I keep my brewery run intentions quite around them!

bdfreetuna

Banded Horn : Daikaiju (India Pale Ale, 8.7%, Maine)

I saw a beer from Maine of the IPA pursuasion with 8.7%. Sounds good to me. The ingredients listed on the bottle look great. Four kinds of hops, water from the Saco River, etc. Very hoppy. As soon as it hits your mouth it's like drinking a pine cone. There's very little malt, I wouldn't call it balanced or nuanced in any way. Four kind of hops could have been 1 kind of LOTS of hops for all I could tell. The flavor never smooths over, and it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. Maybe it needs more carbonation to clean up such a strong hop taste.

Not bad. A little strong on the hop flavor for my tastes, which I think is saying a lot since I almost exclusively drink IPA/IIPA.

Would not purchase again (and I've already tried their regular strength IPA and decided it wasn't that great either). Much prefer Baxter beers.

BHDaikiju.jpg

Tin

Sounds like a good find Tuna. Is it blown out with grapefruit? I'm not a fan of the big juicy taste of many New England IPAs.

chuckstah

Just picked this yearly collaboration from Lawsons Finest and Otter Creek. Good stuff

Attachments

• 1475718484803.jpg
    1475718484803.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 62

WWF-VT

Just picked this yearly collaboration from Lawsons Finest and Otter Creek. Good stuff

I got a four pack for $15.99 at Mehurons in Waitsfield. Double Dose is tasty but I prefer Sip of Sunshine and it comes in 16 oz cans vs 12 oz bottles at a lower cost.

chuckstah

I got a four pack for $15.99 at Mehurons in Waitsfield. Double Dose is tasty but I prefer Sip of Sunshine and it comes in 16 oz cans vs 12 oz bottles at a lower cost.

Agree. Whenever I'm in VT I grab some Sip of Sunshine, but I was on Cape Cod last week and grabbed the best I could find. When south and looking for a $16 4 pack I'll normally get Trillium.

bdfreetuna

Had one of those Double Dose IPAs out of the singles bin a few days ago. Can't remember exactly what I didn't like about it besides "the flavor" in general.

Two IPAs I've had in the last few days...

1. Big Elm IPA ... very good, would buy again
2. Oscar Blues IPA ... not as good, won't buy again, although their Double IPA is great

bdfreetuna

Golden Road : Wolf Among Weeds (IPA, 8%, 16oz can)

Crisp, refreshing, great flavors all throughout. Can't think of much ways to improve this beer. Nice hit of crisp carbonation on the tongue, then as you roll it back you taste the fullness of the beer. Delicious stuff. Will definitely buy again, if I keep seeing it for sale.

GR-IPA.jpg

Scruffy

1e3b8940c4e7f68f32a64ba0ff41091d_320x320.jpeg

If you're down in Boothbay, ME. check out Boothbay Craft Brewers. Great beer and really good food - best burger in Maine, hands down. The 10 Lewis is a nice session IPA. Tasty, subtle, there's a lot going on, and yet not clawing.

HD333

4c19f01390ad947740a780cecbded8b3.jpg

Saw it on the shelf so I figured why not. Yearly collaboration from Otter Creek/Lawson's. Not worth $5 a bottle, but it wasn't terrible. Tons of floaters.

prsboogie

Knocked back a few Wachusett I.P.A.'s and Larry for good measure. Larry is a palate wrecker but good.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WoodCore

Today's offering at Treehouse........ ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1478140123.334282.jpg

I'll send a review when it gets cracked open tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited: