• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice!

I'm having a Newburyport Pale Ale. Nice solid Pale.

I will be following it with a Grapefruit Sculpin. They now carry Ballast Point in NH :beer:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Lobster beer doesn't sound good, even from DH.

In Montréal all week. New Unibroue Blonde de Chambly is very tasty. Sample pack from BDT (Brasserie du Temps, I think) that's decent, a little sweet and malty for my taste, but the witte was good.

If you can, try the Dieu du Ciel American Moralite. It could have been the best IPA I ever had. It is a collaboration between Dieu du Ciel of Montral and the Alchemist in Vt.

20623358788_fc0ba7b338.jpg

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dieu-du-ciel--the-alchemist-moralite/176058/

I had three of the Evo No. 6 from Evolution Brewing Co. A very, very good DIPA as well. I need to go buy another 4 pack for today!!

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/evolution-craft-lot-6-double-ipa/120713/

ctenidae

I am liking the Dieu du Ciel products so far. They have a bit of the Unibroue character- fine bubbles, with an almost metallic edge to the taste- very clean and sharp, rather than mineraly. Corne du Diable is excellent, though not, to my mind, really an IPA. Maybe a Canadian Pale Ale? Rosee d'hibiscus is a good session beer- inoffensive in taste, but the color, kind of hard to imagine crushing a bunch of them down at the local.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Anyone try Hobbs in the Tamworth Ossipee area? I spied this place when traveling to Conway recently to buy boots but didn't have time to stop back then but instead made up my mind to plan a beer and ribs day. So my wife and I along with another couple went there to sample the brews and after to stuff ourselves with ribs at the Yankee Smokehouse.

My favorites were a cream ale and a rye ipa. They also had wicked strong stout or porter that tasted like a boiler maker which have an alcohol content of over 11%! Too much for me. After sampling the 10 beers I went with the Something went a Rye IPA which had a bit of IPA flavor but smoother like the cream ale.

drjeff

You get that at the brewery or know a local store? I've been wanting to try it

Treehouse is still just doing essentially brewery only sales of cans and growlers basically on Thursday through Sunday (sometimes Sunday's are in question if they sell out of their weeks run of product on Saturday). They have limited distribution to a half dozen or so restaurants in the general Sturbridge/Worcester area, although the restaurants they distribute to can't always assure that they'll have it on tap as it tends to sell out quickly and Treehouse doesn't supply them with large quantities.

I've been lucky enough to have Julius, Green and Haze from Treehouse and all have been as good as any beer I've ever had (seriously!). Their newly released Good Morning Coffee Imperial Stout just knocked Russian River's Pliny the Younger (the apparently even better limited release version of their mainstay Pliny the Elder DIPA) off the top of Beer Advocate's top 50 beers list!! That say plenty for sure!

Treehouse really is doing some amazing things right now. They have recently bought and have been doing the installation work on more tanks in the brewery to increase their production capacity soon. I sure hope so. The drive to their brewery in Monson, Ma and then standing in line to get what ever they set their daily can/growler purchase limits at, has been quite rewarding for me the 2 times I've done it so far :) :beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, I've heard plenty about Treehouse. The first I heard of them was last fall while waiting in line at Hill Farmstead with a couple of guys in their 20s from the Philly area. They had left Philly at 4AM to make it to Hill for the opening. Afterwards they were heading to Lost Nation, then down to Treehouse and back to Philly all in one day.

Maybe I'll be able to swing in there some Thursday night while I'm in the area for work. I was thinking about it today as I'm in CT, but by 5 I'll be well on my way up 495 in Northern Mass returning to NH.

HD333

Yeah, I've heard plenty about Treehouse. The first I heard of them was last fall while waiting in line at Hill Farmstead with a couple of guys in their 20s from the Philly area. They had left Philly at 4AM to make it to Hill for the opening. Afterwards they were heading to Lost Nation, then down to Treehouse and back to Philly all in one day.

Maybe I'll be able to swing in there some Thursday night while I'm in the area for work. I was thinking about it today as I'm in CT, but by 5 I'll be well on my way up 495 in Northern Mass returning to NH.

Give yourself 2-3 hrs to be at Tree House if you go. I prefer to get there early and wait as you can multitask and it seems less hectic.

I went last Thursday, I was passing through and showed up at 2:30 and there was already a line of like 25 people, they open at 5. I dropped my cooler in the line hopped on a conference call and waited, filled out my slip around 3:45. They ended up opening up early, 4:00 or so. By the time I left around 4:30 with 3 growlers and 12 cans there was at least 200 people in line.

Last time I got there at 5:15 and I waited 3 hrs to get fills, CRAZY but I was there with my boss who insisted we wait it out. I have heard that getting there on the late side, say 7:30 will get you the shortest wait. I have also heard that the weekends have shorter wait times. In both cases you may miss out on something if they run out so I guess you are rolling the dice. But their production has increased as of late, so the odds may be in your favor.

They do a great job and depending on what they are pouring the crowds can get insane. Thursday they had Good Morning on so that may have added to the crowd.

These guys kick ass and IMHO are making the best IPAs around right now. As DrJeff mentioned Good Morning, a stout, just claimed the #1 spot on Beer Advocate so while their focus is on IPAs they definitely put out some other solid brews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sounds like the exact same experience I had at Hill Farmstead. Same deal in that it looked like if you arrived later the line was shorter than arriving for opening.

HD333

Went to the wife's bosses house for dinner last night, her and her husband are not beer drinkers and they are kind of on the pretentious side so I was kind of dreading it. I show up with some beer (Be Hoppy) and a nice Red Blend. Husband asks what I want to drink I say I'll just have one the beers for now. He says hang on my friend brought some beer over this past weekend that he raved about why don't you try that......he pulls out a Sip of Sunshine, the night immediately got better.

soposkier

Probably already mentioned in this thread, but enjoying a Limbo IPA, great IPA that is easy to find.

BackLoafRiver

Green Flash West Coast Double Ipa. I found it randomly at the local shop and enjoyed it throughly. Green Flash hasn't done much distribution in Maine so it's good to see it available 2 miles from the house.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Good stuff right here! Got a growler of blonde as well!

Attachments

• 1440816039130.jpg
    1440816039130.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 38

drjeff

Give yourself 2-3 hrs to be at Tree House if you go. I prefer to get there early and wait as you can multitask and it seems less hectic.

I went last Thursday, I was passing through and showed up at 2:30 and there was already a line of like 25 people, they open at 5. I dropped my cooler in the line hopped on a conference call and waited, filled out my slip around 3:45. They ended up opening up early, 4:00 or so. By the time I left around 4:30 with 3 growlers and 12 cans there was at least 200 people in line.

Last time I got there at 5:15 and I waited 3 hrs to get fills, CRAZY but I was there with my boss who insisted we wait it out. I have heard that getting there on the late side, say 7:30 will get you the shortest wait. I have also heard that the weekends have shorter wait times. In both cases you may miss out on something if they run out so I guess you are rolling the dice. But their production has increased as of late, so the odds may be in your favor.

They do a great job and depending on what they are pouring the crowds can get insane. Thursday they had Good Morning on so that may have added to the crowd.

These guys kick ass and IMHO are making the best IPAs around right now. As DrJeff mentioned Good Morning, a stout, just claimed the #1 spot on Beer Advocate so while their focus is on IPAs they definitely put out some other solid brews.

The Wednesday afternoon, can only sales that Tree house has been doing roughly every other Wednesday the last month or so, has been a good thing IMHO. I was in and out of there yesterday in less than 10 minutes arriving at 5:45 with a full parking lot behind the brewery. They had Julius (just canned yesterday) and Lights On (Canned on Tuesday) with a 6 cans of each per person limit