Random Beers

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 181 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Beers

Random Beers

Stopped by the Baltic Deli (a weekly stop, at least) in Andrews Square, Dorchester yesterday. They sell beer now, and it's all Polish, German, Ukranian, etc. THis is a very, very good thing, since I've never seen some of these beers anywhere else. Life is good.

I've tried two so far:

Obolon Beer's Krepkoe, from the Ukraine. Who knew they made beer in the Ukraine? Guess what- they don't. Not very well, anyway. It was beer, in that it was yellowish and carbonated, and had some hops in it. Very low quality, not very tasty. Worth a try, though, ust to have a Ukranian beer.

Neuzeller Klosterbrau's Golden Abbot, from Germany. The lable says "the taste of paradise". Not far wrong, there. Medium/light body, deep gold collor, low carbonation. Very malty, nice hoppy aftertaste. Good beer. Those German monks know what they're doing, I say.

As I have more, I'll post them. I got a Hevelius Kaper, which I know is good and got because I love it, and an Okocim Porter. The Okocim pilsner is quite good, so I wonder how they do with Porters.

I consider seeing the Otter Creek variety pack in Binghamton a random beer. Been stocking up on it cause I know such a great thing will have to come to an end sooner then I realize.
    RIP Dynastar 63\'s. 11/O5-2/14/06

She never graduated from any random high schools in Brooklyn, but she did belove to eat poop...She beloved that big pile of beloved cat poop...

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Talking

I was out to dinner last night. The restaurant had Dogfish Head on tap. I've had it a few times before, but never ontap at a restaurant (as opposed to a bar). Tasty stuff. High alcohol content too!

Quote Originally Posted by marcski
    I was out to dinner last night. The restaurant had Dogfish Head on tap. I've had it a few times before, but never ontap at a restaurant (as opposed to a bar). Tasty stuff. High alcohol content too!
    The 90 minute? That's good stuff.

The Hevelius rocked, as I knew it would that's a session beer if ever there was one, except for the 8.7% ABV.

The Porter is actually Zywiecz, not Okocim, but that's going with ribs tonight.

ct: you going to the beer advocate festival in June?

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae
    The Hevelius rocked, as I knew it would that's a session beer if ever there was one, except for the 8.7% ABV.

The Porter is actually Zywiecz, not Okocim, but that's going with ribs tonight.
    Zywiecz is a good beer. Also, if they have it you may want to try EB, another good Polish beer.

EB is definitely a drinkable beer. In Poland, though, it's considered to be on par with Budweuser in the US. If only our mainstream beers were that good...

The Zywiecz Porter was quite tasty, though the ribs ran all over it, taste-wise. Not too malty, not too hoppy, not too carbonated. All good things. If you see it, it's worth picking up (even at $3 a bottle- 20 oz, though)

Re: Beer Advocate Festival- I always plan to go to them, then never do. One day, one day...

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae
    EB is definitely a drinkable beer. In Poland, though, it's considered to be on par with Budweuser in the US. If only our mainstream beers were that good...

The Zywiecz Porter was quite tasty, though the ribs ran all over it, taste-wise. Not too malty, not too hoppy, not too carbonated. All good things. If you see it, it's worth picking up (even at $3 a bottle- 20 oz, though)

Re: Beer Advocate Festival- I always plan to go to them, then never do. One day, one day...
    Yeah, I prefer the Zywiecz myself, just throwing another good one out there.

I'm thinking about heading to a local specialty shop and picking up a growler or two of some good microbrew soon, any suggestions?
    ~Rich~

Thread Information