• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1,000 Threads!

Greg

Staff member
Today we broke the 1,000 Threads (Topics) mark. Thanks to everyone who have contributed. With over 5,000 posts, this forum is quickly becoming the premiere board to talk Northeast-specific skiing and hiking. Thanks again!

:beer:

SilentCal

Congrats Greg! This board is such a pleasant breath of fresh air when compared to some other boards. Everyone is friendly and offers great advice and ideas. You'll get the next thousand in no time...

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
How bold of you Greg. 8)
Perhaps. But come on now...you love this place... :D

Greg

Staff member
MichaelJ said:
Congrats Greg! Time to do a backup, eh?
8)
It's automated. All databases are dumped (backed up) every 15 minutes.

Greg

Staff member
Greg said:
MichaelJ said:
8)
P.S. I knew this was a rhetorical question... ;)

Joshua B said:
Greg said:
Joshua B said:
How bold of you Greg. 8)
Perhaps. But come on now...you love this place... :D

Ah hell yeah, you know that playa!
This Skiing forum really fired up since you dropped in, Josh. Coincidence? Perhaps you have some sort of message board mojo, or something...

B

bur5465

Greg said:
MichaelJ said:
8)

On what media/ where do you back up? I am interested in the size needed for the task.

Greg

Staff member
bur5465 said:
On what media/ where do you back up? I am interested in the size needed for the task.
Well, here's the geek technical answer. I have a cron job that initiates a perl script that does a mysql dump every 15 minutes to another directory on my Web server. I then FTP the file to my local computer periodically. All data on my PC is also backed up nightly to a second hard drive. The database size is only about 8 MB currently.