• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Talk Radio, What's Your Flavor

BeanoNYC

Howard Stern in the morning on the way to work. On the way home, of I'm not listening to music it's:

Bubba the Love sponge for comedy.
Ed Schultz for Politics and News.

Greg

Staff member
Greg said:
The guy who replaced Stern in Hartford (Sebastian) was a former DJ that was on air before him. He's kind of lame, but I usually listen to him in the morning. My wife has Sirius in her car, but I just haven't gotten it yet. I may still; not a high priority though. In the afternoon I usually listen to Sean Hannity (no political rants, please). He actually interviewed Stern a few weeks back. They have more in common than you'd think. Good thread.
Put in my Sirius yesterday so I'm back to Stern in the mornings. Doesn't seem like the show changed much; just an occassional F-bomb here and there which is sort of weird to hear.

Grassi21

O and A all the way. I received a free 3 month subscription to XM when I bought my Acura. Right before the trial ended I heard that Opie and Anthony were joining XM. I have been an XM listener ever since. O&A are are great, but comedians like Jim Norton, and Patrice O'Neal are the icing on the cake.

thetrailboss

Staff member
NPR:

VPR for jazz and local VT productions. Their weather is the best. I also listen to NHPR for the Diane Rehm show and The Exchange. They have good news coverage as well.

I'll admit that I am an NPR Junkie.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Got a new CD player in my car, plays MP3s. I had purchased the first one ever made 5-6 years ago, and it wasn't the best, music would cut out when I hit bumps, new one doesn't. As a result, I now listen to CDs, screw the radio. Every once in awhile I'll turn on the Radio Chick or O&A, but mostly it's just music.

knuckledragger

VPR for jazz and local VT productions. Their weather is the best
Why aree they the most inacurate in the state then. Every time I listen and count on thier eye in the sky I think they have something in their eye because they are usally wrong.

thetrailboss

Staff member
knuckledragger said:
VPR for jazz and local VT productions. Their weather is the best
Why aree they the most inacurate in the state then. Every time I listen and count on thier eye in the sky I think they have something in their eye because they are usally wrong.

I disagree. They have been very accurate in my experience. I think it is also fair to point out that the weather in Starksboro is difficult if not impossible to forecast due to the topography. Eye in the Sky does their best to compensate, but c'mon....they are much better than TWC!

Jonni

I usually listen to Classic rock and Imus in the AM depending on where I am. Though, when I'm at work, my boss listens to Howard Stern all day long, which becomes a drag after a while. I think he's fun to listen to in moderation, but not all the time. Fortunately the boss goes on business trips and the two days a week that I'm there, I have free Sirius (boss pays for it) radio all to myself.

During the winter at the lift we'll listen to a mulitude of things, though classic rock is usually what reins out over everything as we are allowed to listen to it loud at the bottom of the lifts without getting ratted out by our superiors. At the top, it's a different story because you usually have radio stations fighting over each other because of fantastic reception.

nelsapbm

Generally I'm not a fan of talk radio. I listen to Corm & the Coach in the morning (local) on the way to work. I'll flip it over to NPR if it's time for the news and/or weather. Like SRO, I also enjoy car talk.

Sky

Used to be an All Things Considered fan. I also used to check in with Jay Sevron. Lately it's Sports Talk (WEEI Boston) especially the Whiner Line @ 6PM. They group their ads into blocks, so I just change chanels or put in a CD.

My son has Serius Radio. He likes Stern...I don't. I used his car recently...couldn't get into the whole satelite radio thing. Tried the Blues chanels...meh. Tried the rock chanels...meh.

I have a 1-hour commute each way...so lately I listen to books on CD from the local library. I've listened to some excellent books over the years.

knuckledragger

That would be fine if it was just around home but, last year on Labor Day weekend we were camping at Stillwater in Groton. Decided to go up to St.J to visit the Fairbanks as we had never been. We made a point of being there for the live noon broadcast, had a great talk with the guy after, and he showed us all the instruments. I rember how he said that sunday morning would not rain but sure enough laid in tent listening to the rain at 4 a.m. He was right it did get cold Sunday nite though.
Also, the use of topological variations to explain VT weather is an easy excuse.