• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TSA scans and searches

darent

A friend emailed me the solution:

Here's the solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the Airports:

Install a booth that passengers can step into that will not x-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your body. It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial.

Justice would be quick and swift.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now. You're in the Airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.

Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers. We now have a seat available on flight number 4665 .... Paging maintenance. Shop Vac needed in booth number 4."
this would certainly stop the bombers, put this into effect like " NOW"

Hawkshot99

A friend emailed me the solution:

Here's the solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the Airports:

Install a booth that passengers can step into that will not x-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your body. It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial.

Justice would be quick and swift.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now. You're in the Airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.

Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers. We now have a seat available on flight number 4665 .... Paging maintenance. Shop Vac needed in booth number 4."

Sadly I can jut imagine the lawsuits and the crys to have them removed when a terrorist goes boom...

ctenidae

You get your hands off me. I am peeing myself. You get your hands off me.

If she needs 20 feet that badly, good thing she wasn't in coach...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
There's an opportunity everywhere... :lol:
http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment

4th-amendment-20101129-095804.jpg

CARGO%20SCAN%20U.gif

That's actually a really creative idea. Like!

legalskier

Police say Oregon man strips off all his clothes in protest of airport security screeners
*** The incident report said John E. Brennan’s actions Tuesday evening caused some passengers to cover their eyes and their children’s eyes while others looked, laughed and took photos. Two screening lanes were temporarily closed. Police say the Portland man was arrested for investigation of indecent exposure and disorderly conduct. ***

Full story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ty-screeners/2012/04/18/gIQAfbmjPT_story.html

ctenidae

FTFA: He missed his flight to San Jose, Calif.

Classic.

Interesting, though, that the "crime" is indecent exposure and disorderly conduct, not any terrorism-related charge, which you'd expect.