• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 11/20

BackLoafRiver

Today was the final day of the year for me. With 2 skiing options under 2 hours away, my free time will be heading there.

That said, it was a pretty good way to end the year. I only had 1 hour to ride and I was nursing the leg most of the way. For some reason though, everything was a challenge today. I don't know why but things rolled slower, I had less endurance, and it just felt off. Climbing was god awful. Watching me ride was like watching old people eat....slow and sloppy.

I was shocked to see a semi-full lot. As I was gearing up, two other guys took off and not more than 15 minutes later, I bumped into another group of four on the "O" trail extension.

It felt great to be out again. With my time constraints, I rolled a pretty tasty 5.65 mile loop. Knights woods -> "O" Extension -> Washbasin loop -> (unnamed trail) -> Lanzo -> Ragan -> Ginn -> (second unnamed trail) -> Part of Batcave -> Fox East -> Done.

Things were wet. Very wet. But the weather was great. Slightly chilly, sunny, and breezy. The best part for me was I hit a new milestone....403 miles on the year. Nothing like what others on the board did but for only my second season, I am proud of it.

Here are a few photos:
Washbasin trail:
DSC01569.jpg

Some tree was recently uprooted and some logging just finished:
DSC01570.jpg

Water on Ragan:
DSC01571.jpg

Homemade log ramp also on Ragan:
DSC01572.jpg

powpig2002

hitting the rez later today. gonna take it like old people having sex. slo n easy. a little gun shy. wish me godspeed. pray i don't end up in the er