• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ny jets

drjeff

Like Belichick never pouted or stormed off the field, cmon.

Actually short of the couple of meetings after Mangini left Foxboro to coach the Jets and then Browns, Belicheck is usually pretty damned unemotional 99% of the time.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Please, please let them use some of these for either a direct draft pick up or via trading for someone who can actually generate a pass rush more than a handfull of times per game. The corners/safeties are decent and quick, most of the linebackers are solid. The D-line as long as Wilfork is healthy is solid. But what they're really lacking IMHO is that impact pass rusher, the kind of player who makes an opposing d-coordinator think about keeping a running back and/or tight end "at home" for defensive purposes more than once or twice a game

The Pats really need several pass rushing threats. You can always double up on one stud DE. You need 2 so blitzes are effective. They also need a game changer WR/kick Returner. That gets you 10 yards better field position on most drives.

agreed on the need for more of a pass rush.

It is also time to reload on the offensive line a bit. I wonder what Brady's career record is when he's sacked 4 plus times. They need to resign Mankins and look for a replacement for Light IMO.

4aprice

As a Jet fan it was a fun ride. They made it interesting right up to the end. I have no problem with Ryans reaction. Thought Sanchez showed he is one tough cookie and have no problems with his play. The off season should be interesting. Hats off to the Steelers.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SkiDork

J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!!! Always!!!

ditto. I loved what Rex said, our mission hasn't changed - we'll chase the Super Bowl till we get there and then we'll chase it after that. great line...

I didn't like his ending words - you don't have the right... I guess in the heat of the moment it just came to him.

Warp Daddy

OOOOOHHHH i'm oh for two !! My Bears took it on the chin and the Jets too.

Hey "ANYBODY" want Cutler,, he's probably thru in Chicago ?? Only good thing yesterday was the emergence of Caleb Haney who played a great 4th Qtr for a third string QB !!

drjeff

As a Jet fan it was a fun ride. They made it interesting right up to the end. I have no problem with Ryans reaction. Thought Sanchez showed he is one tough cookie and have no problems with his play. The off season should be interesting. Hats off to the Steelers.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Sanchez, while having some moments of brilliance, IMHO, still needs to work on the trajectory of his longer passes, especially over the middle. His tendency to have some of them get away from him and float eventually is either going to a) have him give up a bunch of meaningfull interceptions to a safety/corner playing a deep zone or b) get one of his receivers injuried when they get leveled while to having to jump up higher (especially over the middle) to make the catch and an agressive safety/corner tees off on that receiver. Right now, he's got enough big, tall talented receivers to get away with it, but if he looses 1 or 2 of them, he's going to have some issues

And note, that was the observation, not of myself as a Patriots fan, but as a football fan in general who was watching last night game with zero rooting interest and just enjoying what turned out to be a very entertaining football slugfest to view

2knees

interesting game. cant say i enjoyed the 2nd half very much but when they had to move the ball to end the game, they did. I thought Ryan chucking the headset was kinda weak, but of all the things the guy has said and done, it doesnt exactly surprise me.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com

thetrailboss

Staff member
"(after a premature handshake on the field with Tom Coughlin)"

Both coaches were on the field, the game was over. The stakes were higher and the level of disappointment much greater with an undefeated season on the line in the SuperBowl, and he still managed to walk away with some dignity. Still more class than "Baby Huey" Ryan.

You know I recall Belichick doing that and I was a bit angry myself. But I am a Giant's fan. FWIW it is not the first time he has done that. And I do agree with the statement of him being overscrutinized.

dmc

The fact that all these Pats fans hate Rex makes me like him even more... :)

gorgonzola

i'd throw a tantrum too if the shitty play calls that i couldn't get to to my qb couldn't move the ball a little over a yard in three downs to leave me with nothing after a decent drive in a championship game....

SkiDork

running it in doesn't always work... Anyone remember Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds on the goal line stand in the SB between 49ers Bengals? That was a classic...

bigbog

i'd throw a tantrum too if the shitty play calls that i couldn't get to to my qb couldn't move the ball a little over a yard in three downs to leave me with nothing after a decent drive in a championship game....

Think I agree gorgonzola. With his(Jet's qb..?) arm..don't know what the heck they were waiting for. All they did was tire their defensive line out by halftime... Ya' can't open things up for the short stuff by not going deep now & then to loosen up the defensive cornerbacks/safety, not to mention possibly getting an interference call...
Bigtime, big game effort by Steelers though.....
$.01

SKIQUATTRO

i listen to WFAN 660 on the way into work for amusement.....before the game all these guys were calling in "we're gonna win", "we can do it"....now its "they lost", "they dont know how to win".....

i never understood the "WE" aspect, unless you play for, coach or own part of the team...

but be a gracious loser....