• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ny jets

WJenness

I think both teams have one 'hard' game ahead... Packers for the Pats and Steelers for the Jets.

We'll see how those shake out.

-w

JimG.

Staff member
The defense is what is worrying me right now. Hoping for a reneassiance of last years version

No pass rush without blitzing...it will be their ultimate undoing. They need an all-pro defensive end.

But they are extremely entertaining to watch. And this Giants fan has to say that Sanchez is outplaying Eli at this point.

drjeff

I think both teams have one 'hard' game ahead... Packers for the Pats and Steelers for the Jets.

We'll see how those shake out.

-w

Advantage Pats then, since the Pats get the Packers in Foxboro, whereas the Jets get to travel to Hienz to take on the Steelers. Also, not that Miami has been a factor in a few weeks, but the Jets have to travel to Miami and the Dolphins get to play in what I'm sure will be a "warm, balmy" Gillette Stadium on January 2nd.

drjeff

holy cupcake schedule. so the winner of the head to head wins the division.

*If* the season for both teams continues as it's going now, the outcome of the December 6th game will likely determine who will be the 1 seed and who will be the 5 seed in the AFC. That 5 seed wildcard team could have a tough 1st playoff game, as if things continue like they look like is happening now, that 5 seed could very well have to travel to San Diego for their 1st round game and take on a Chargers team that *might* be starting to play like folks thought they'd be playing all season long.

Without a doubt, this upcoming playoff season looks like it could be a really good one with the overal parity in the NFL this year. IMHO it's not that much of a stretch to say that all 12 teams that make the playoffs will have a decent chance of winning the Superbowl

4aprice

Advantage Pats then, since the Pats get the Packers in Foxboro, whereas the Jets get to travel to Hienz to take on the Steelers. Also, not that Miami has been a factor in a few weeks, but the Jets have to travel to Miami and the Dolphins get to play in what I'm sure will be a "warm, balmy" Gillette Stadium on January 2nd.

The Miami game is in NJ. Not that the Jets will have an easy time with them. Its just nice to see them pulling out games that in the past would have been big L's. NE and Pittsburgh should be fun games to watch.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ERJ-145CA

I was at the Jets game on Sunday. It sucked when they blew the lead but it was pandamonium when they got that that touchdown with 10 seconds left. I'm glad I stayed. Half the stadium left after Sanchez threw that pick.

When the Jets got that catch in the red zone and the stadium erupted they showed a shot of the outside of the stadium and you saw all the people who were walking away stop and look back when they heard the cheers.

Oh yeah and when the guy ran on the field that was pretty entertaining too.

Rushski

Pats by 17... That's what a former co-worker thinks. I think it will be closer, but still a Pats win.

Jets have played better O lately to go along with their decent D, but still not enough weapons to score points as Sanchez is still green, not just in uniform.

ChileMass

Since the Jets' 28-14 win in Sept, the Pats have exited Randy Moss and added Danny Woodhead, Deion Branch and Logan Mankins.

Chung and McCourty have stepped up to be included in the same conversation with Cromartie and Revis, and Welker's knee has had 2 months to get stronger.

Brady is playing his best ball of the season right now.

Jets have 2 wins against teams with .500 record or better, Pats have 5.

Pats blew Sept game in NJ by trying to force the ball deep to Moss. The "new/old" Pats' offense will score 30+ at home, just need to keep the Jets to something less than that.

Pats by 7-10 points (Pats 33, Jets 24).

dmc

This game makes me nervous as a Jet fan... The Jets find ways to win. Thats the saving grace that makes me think the Jets win by a field goal.

But still nervous..

Mainly cause I've been talking a ton of trash... :) They need to come out hitting early to stand a chance.. None of this late win crap..

FRITOLAYGUY

I think this will be payback for the Pats this team is alot different from the one that lost week 2 the defense has been a work in progress all year and is coming together the last 5weeks, the jets havent lost on the road i believe but the magic is gonna run out for them finally dec 6

Geoff

Mainly cause I've been talking a ton of trash... :)

I thought that was reserved for Yankees and Giants fans.

As a life-long Red Sox fan, I appreciate true Jets fans. It's easy to root for the team that wins all the time. I'm also a life-long Patriots fan and lived through all those years when they had a talented team and always found some way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. There are now all these bandwagon Patriots fans who are just as bad as Yankees fans. Where were they before 2001?

Can't wait until Monday!

dmc

Lets see if the evil Belichick can beat the Jets... :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/sports/football/07rhoden.html
“I think he’s the No. 1 coach in this league,” Ryan said. “That’s undisputable. He’s smart. He gets his team going every year. He’s a great evaluator of talent. I do admire him, as a son of a coach. Do I want to be like him? No, I want to be like myself, but I want to have the success that he’s had through the years.”

SKIQUATTRO

will be fun tonight...mrs quattro likes the jets, i'm a new englander.....same goes when the yanks play the sox.....