• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ny jets

Wish2ski

WOW did not see this score coming..The pats are for real this year..

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought the Pats would win fairly comfortably. Brady is pretty much unbeatable in Foxboro. Was at the Pats - Jets game last year in Foxboro where they killed them. Didn't think it was going to be the embarrasment that this turned out to be.

Last four game stretch maybe the best of Brady's career. Dominating offense, but different than 07 because he's spreading the ball around so much. I much prefer this offense with Branch than the offense we had with Moss. So difficult for the other teams to game plan for. The two versatile rookie tight ends are the key.

drjeff

Just an AWESOME evening in the stadium! Between the total a$$ whooping the Pats put on the Jets and it being Teddy Bruschi night with a great video highlight reel on the big screen and onfield speech by him at 1/2 time to the crowd.

Now it's time for the Pats to focus on the last 4 and lock up homefield/1st round bye!

The Jets are going to find out what their made of the next few weeks too after that loss with the Steelers, Bears, Bills and Dolphins left. In the wild race that the AFC is starting to shape up to be, the Jets have to get it back togethers quickly, or else they could very well be home watching the playoffs rather than playing in them

Last edited:

4aprice

owe... that hurt... wow... wow...

Come on. As a long time Jet fan I'm immune to the pain. They got spanked last night and they will either respond or roll over. Hopefully they wake up. The only ray of hope I have comes from the Giants. A couple of years ago I was taken to a December Giant game by a friend. The Redskins smacked them around like the Jets were last night. The Giants went on to win the Super Bowl and that night you would have thought they were the worst team in the league.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Mapnut

I dunno about the Giants, they've made too many bad plays and lost games they shouldn't for me to believe in them in the playoffs. After last night, same goes for the Jets. As a New Englander I'm eligible to be a Patriots fan, but it's no fun rooting for someone that good.

Although as you say, Alex, I do remember in the Giants' Super Bowl year that it was only in the last 6 games, including the playoffs, that Eli Manning was superb.

drjeff

That's what everyone said about the Jets until Monday night. Things can change from one week to the next. I wouldn't bet the farm on the Pats just yet.

Bingo! They've got 4 tough games left (okay their final game against Miami on January 2nd potentially could be meaningless), but week by week, their generally making slight improvements (especially the defense) and that's great to see. Plus, Brady is just flat out playing great right now.

But this year in particular with the parity in the NFL, there's still a ton of football and a million and 1 questions to be decided these next 4 weeks! It's going to be fun for the football fan to watch for sure!

2knees

I cant believe Ryan actually said "we'll remember that" in regards to the possibility of the pats running up the score. the jets ran their mouths for 11 days! they got everything they deserved. I was praying for 50. In one game, the Jets d went from #3 in the league to #8.

Only someone as pig headed as Ryan would run his mouth about the Pats and belichek. It NEVER ends well when people talk smack about that team.

dmc

I cant believe Ryan actually said "we'll remember that" in regards to the possibility of the pats running up the score. the jets ran their mouths for 11 days! they got everything they deserved. I was praying for 50. In one game, the Jets d went from #3 in the league to #8.

Only someone as pig headed as Ryan would run his mouth about the Pats and belichek. It NEVER ends well when people talk smack about that team.

And Belechek NEVER runs his mouth... :)

So what - bring some fun into the game.. Enough of this tip toeing BS.. I like Rex Ryan because he's fun and says stuff in the face of what everyone else does.

2knees

So what - bring some fun into the game.. Enough of this tip toeing BS.. I like Rex Ryan because he's fun and says stuff in the face of what everyone else does.

actually belichek never says boo.

and ryan is an idiot. its not his fault, its in his genes.

drjeff

Belicheck is actually really good about NOT running his mouth off and giving an opponent fodder to motivate.

Having listened to hundreds of Belicheck interviews (pre game, post game, mid week, etc), you can pretty much guarentee that you'll hear in a monotone voice phrases like "It is what it is" / "we need to get better in all 3 phases of the game" or in a loss situation something akin to "we were outcoached and outplayed by a better prepared team" And his coaching staff has also done a good job at getting most of his players to have a similar style during interviews. Is it flashy, no, but the Patriot system is about the team, and not about individual players and their egos/