• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ny jets

Geoff

yeah - it's his actions that are questionable... :)

You mean like 3 Super Bowl wins this decade? How many times have the Jets won the AFC-East this decade? How many Super Bowl appearances do they have this decade?

dmc

You mean like 3 Super Bowl wins this decade? How many times have the Jets won the AFC-East this decade? How many Super Bowl appearances do they have this decade?

no .... not that...

Geoff

no .... not that...

You mean trading Randy Moss to the Vikings? or trading Richard Seymour to Oakland for their #1 draft pick? or trading Deion Branch to Seattle for their #1 draft pick and later trading a #4 draft pick to Seattle to get him back? or trading their #3 pick in last year's draft to Carolina for their #2 pick in this years's draft with Carolina compiling the worst record in the league?

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
That's what everyone said about the Jets until Monday night. Things can change from one week to the next. I wouldn't bet the farm on the Pats just yet.
And why the Jets were so hyped I don't know. Every win since their week 2 thrashing of the Pats came against under-500 teams. Cupcake schedule. After Thanksgiving is when you separate the wheat from the chaff in the NFL and unless the Jets get off their @$$ and turn this into a one-game hiccup they're done for the season. The defense looked clueless without Leonhard which is something that won't be fixed in a week, or 4. And someone in this thread mentioned their reliance on generating pressure through the blitz was going to be their undoing. It showed up big time last night. Sure they got a few sacks, but once the Pats figured out a blitz-pickup scheme Brady had all kinds of time to pick them apart.

Beetlenut

And Belechek NEVER runs his mouth... :)

So what - bring some fun into the game.. Enough of this tip toeing BS.. I like Rex Ryan because he's fun and says stuff in the face of what everyone else does.

Ryan's mouth is writing checks his team can't cash! Last night the J.E.T.S were exposed for what they are. Let the implosion of the diva's begin. But you're right, Rex is entertaining, in a "Big Hat- No Cattle" kind of way! :cool:

drjeff

And why the Jets were so hyped I don't know. Every win since their week 2 thrashing of the Pats came against under-500 teams. Cupcake schedule. After Thanksgiving is when you separate the wheat from the chaff in the NFL and unless the Jets get off their @$$ and turn this into a one-game hiccup they're done for the season. The defense looked clueless without Leonhard which is something that won't be fixed in a week, or 4. And someone in this thread mentioned their reliance on generating pressure through the blitz was going to be their undoing. It showed up big time last night. Sure they got a few sacks, but once the Pats figured out a blitz-pickup scheme Brady had all kinds of time to pick them apart.

To top it off for the jets, this week could potentially be a bit of a trap game for them. Since in theory, they *should* beat Miami, and may become guilty of looking ahead to the following 2 weeks vs. the Steelers and the Bears and wondering a bit if they belong in the top tier of NFL teams.

I did find it real amusing listening to the postgame on my drive home last night when Scott Zolak was asked what was the worst thing about Brady today (last night), and his answer: his "son of darth vader-esque" outfit he was wearing at his post game press conference :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I, for one, like Rex Ryan. Reminds me a lot of Parcells.

It's one game. The Pats looked damn good, but I think the two teams are lot more evenly matched than the game in September would lead you to believe or the game last night.

2knees

I, for one, like Rex Ryan. Reminds me a lot of Parcells.

It's one game. The Pats looked damn good, but I think the two teams are lot more evenly matched than the game in September would lead you to believe or the game last night.

stop being the voice of reason for once and pile on. Its FUN. :lol:

dmc

Ryan's mouth is writing checks his team can't cash! Last night the J.E.T.S were exposed for what they are. Let the implosion of the diva's begin. But you're right, Rex is entertaining, in a "Big Hat- No Cattle" kind of way! :cool:

One bad loss and it's "big hat - no cattle" ?

It's better then the standard "Well - we just take one game at a time" bs... yawwwn...

Lets have some excitement! Talk trash! It's football for gods sake...

dmc

stop being the voice of reason for once and pile on. Its FUN. :lol:

It is... I really do understand how you Red Sox fans feel when talking to Yankee fans now..

crank

As a life long Jets fan I can say that last night's was not an easy game to watch. Brady completely picked them apart. The Jets offense was offensively awful. Maybe the Pats D was inspired by Teddy Bruschi last night because the Jets O made them look world class. I just hope gang green gets back on track and fast..

Beetlenut

One bad loss and it's "big hat - no cattle" ?

It's better then the standard "Well - we just take one game at a time" bs... yawwwn...

Lets have some excitement! Talk trash! It's football for gods sake...

Its been "Big Hat - No Cattle" with Rex since that stupid Hard Knocks show he did in training camp! I'm sure if Rex dresses up with a blonde wig again and does his best Clinton Portis imitation, it will get his team right back on track for the Miami game! Bravado and trash talk seem to be a NY thing, and Rex is taylor-made for it! He's entertaining like a train wreck, you just can't seem to look away! The train just left the station last night, next stop - meltdown city!!

dmc

Its been "Big Hat - No Cattle" with Rex since that stupid Hard Knocks show he did in training camp! I'm sure if Rex dresses up with a blonde wig again and does his best Clinton Portis imitation, it will get his team right back on track for the Miami game! Bravado and trash talk seem to be a NY thing, and Rex is taylor-made for it! He's entertaining like a train wreck, you just can't seem to look away! The train just left the station last night, next stop - meltdown city!!

WOOOOT WOOOOOT... chooo chooo chooo.. Beat the fish!!!

Rex is great.. He's a good NYC coach.. We all like him down here.

I didn't like Belichek for the 10 minutes he coached the Jets... :)

crank

I didn't like Belichek for the 10 minutes he coached the Jets... :)

Rex is more fun anyway.

Beetlenut

We like him up here too. He's a great motivator!

brady.jpg