• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ny jets

drjeff

hey sanchez, come on over to heinz field. there are a few guys who want to meet the "Sanchize" and the self proclaimed 2010 superbowl champs.....

steelers-d.jpg

I won't deny that Sunday PM, I WILL be a fan of the Steelers for about 3 hours

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Ryan's mouth is writing checks his team can't cash! Last night the J.E.T.S were exposed for what they are. Let the implosion of the diva's begin. But you're right, Rex is entertaining, in a "Big Hat- No Cattle" kind of way! :cool:

Sanchez proved that on Sunday. Awesome job by the defense completely wasted. 'Tis a shame.

Speaking of writing check his team can't cash... See also: Brian Urlacher proclaiming the Bears to be "the best team, period." Yes, Urlacher looked good and almost ended Brady's no-interception streak. But the rest of his team couldn't back up his talk. They looked very ordinary against the Patriots on both sides of the ball at home, in traditional Bears weather.

Tim Ryan said it best on NFL Radio. Something to the effect of "For the rest of the teams playing the Patriots - Keep. Your. Mouth. Shut. They don't need any bulletin board material."

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
I'm surprised that there are no comments about this one yet:

Hey, I live in a glass house, too. You know, video tapes and the like....

But since the door was opened - I hope Alosi never works again for any team in any professional sport. That had the potential to cause some serious injury. I think the Miami player might have helped that one along a bit, but it was still a stupid move.

dmc

Hey, I live in a glass house, too. You know, video tapes and the like....

But since the door was opened - I hope Alosi never works again for any team in any professional sport. That had the potential to cause some serious injury. I think the Miami player might have helped that one along a bit, but it was still a stupid move.

inexcusable..

Mapnut

I'm a little surprised at the near-unanimity of condemnation of this action. Sure, it was dirty, and if it was intended to injure, reprehensible. But I think when a player goes out of bounds at the opponent's bench, he's taking his chances. They're under no obligation to get out ot the way, are they? Suppose he just leaned forward to cheer on the ball carrier, and knocked the pursuer down. No foul, right? (Of course in that case he would have gotten creamed himself.)

What's the rule about pursuing a punt return out of bounds? Didn't I see someone get a 15-yard flag for that this weekend, can't remember which game?

Beetlenut

I'm a little surprised at the near-unanimity of condemnation of this action. Sure, it was dirty, and if it was intended to injure, reprehensible. But I think when a player goes out of bounds at the opponent's bench, he's taking his chances. They're under no obligation to get out ot the way, are they? Suppose he just leaned forward to cheer on the ball carrier, and knocked the pursuer down. No foul, right? (Of course in that case he would have gotten creamed himself.)

What's the rule about pursuing a punt return out of bounds? Didn't I see someone get a 15-yard flag for that this weekend, can't remember which game?

Really? Seriously?

Mapnut

Really. I did say it was dirty, but given that football players spend 60 minutes knocking each other down, I'd say it wasn't intended to injure. Morally it was equivalent to a crackback or a head shot, for which guys get 15 yards but not universal condemnation. It's a grey area because Alosi wasn't a player, but then the Dolphin player was out of bounds. That's why I asked for clarification on the rules.

Geoff

Really? Seriously?

The rule is that if you're pushed off the field, you have to make a legitimate attempt to get back onto the field. You can't just run up the sideline out of bounds. In this case, the gunner was blocked out of bounds a few yards before that wall of Jets players who weren't dressed and weren't allowed to be there. If the gunner had run 30 yards up the sideline before going back up the field, he could have been flagged. He got tripped before that became an issue.

Beetlenut

Really. I did say it was dirty, but given that football players spend 60 minutes knocking each other down, I'd say it wasn't intended to injure. Morally it was equivalent to a crackback or a head shot, for which guys get 15 yards but not universal condemnation. It's a grey area because Alosi wasn't a player, but then the Dolphin player was out of bounds. That's why I asked for clarification on the rules.

There's more to it than rules in the game of football. First it wasn't IN the game, it was off the field. Really, how anyone could attempt to justify what was done is laughable. And the story could be even more disgusting than that, http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5919573 .

It is what it is, and...

They are who we thought they were!
Dennis Green

4aprice

Nice bounce back by the Jets. Funny line on the radio this morning. "Will the Jet fans please back away from the edge of the Brooklyn Bridge and make room for the Giant fans".

Alex

Lake Hopatacong, NJ

dmc

Nice bounce back by the Jets. Funny line on the radio this morning. "Will the Jet fans please back away from the edge of the Brooklyn Bridge and make room for the Giant fans".

Alex

Lake Hopatacong, NJ

I watched that game end... Holy crap - Vic brought it..

I enjoyed the Jets game yesterday... I though it was good football to watch..

Geoff

Pittsburgh is a different team without Polamalu. I changed my pick to the Jets on Saturday when I found out that Polamalu is out for the last 3 games. Only one offensive touchdown for the Jets and that took a big penalty to keep the drive alive.

dmc

A win is a win when your not a powerhouse like New England..