• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Helmets

soposkier

Anyone have any recommendations for new ski helmets? Ive been looking around to get an idea, but seem to find a new brand/style in each store I go to. So far I like the feel of the Smith Vantage the best. I like a small profile and lots of venting for what its worth

deadheadskier

Staff member
whatever fits your head best.

I have a Marker that works well for me. Plenty of folks love Giro, but all of their models that I tried didn't fit my head properly.

Helmets are pretty much just like ski boots these days. Most everyone is producing high quality products, it's just a matter of what fits your foot/head best.

gmcunni

whatever fits your head best.

I have a Marker that works well for me. Plenty of folks love Giro, but all of their models that I tried didn't fit my head properly.

Helmets are pretty much just like ski boots these days. Most everyone is producing high quality products, it's just a matter of what fits your foot/head best.

this ^^

i'm a giro guy, they have great customer service.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Anyone have any recommendations for new ski helmets? Ive been looking around to get an idea, but seem to find a new brand/style in each store I go to. So far I like the feel of the Smith Vantage the best. I like a small profile and lots of venting for what its worth

The Vantage is Smith's new top of the line unit.......pretty sweet! Giro has the Seam which is similar and their top of the line Omen, both have small profiles and are very lightweight. The Seam has a lower price point than the Vantage, the Omen, abit higher.

dl

Website
www.orbtialskiing.com
Tried the Seam on the other day. It fits lower than (less lightbulb effect) than their G9 and G10 which are pretty low profile themselves. Very comfortable and light compared to my Smith Variant Brim. Fit very well.

Greg

Staff member
Tried the Seam on the other day. It fits lower than (less lightbulb effect) than their G9 and G10 which are pretty low profile themselves. Very comfortable and light compared to my Smith Variant Brim. Fit very well.

Love my Seam. As far as Giro helmets go:

G9 < G10 < Seam

Hawkshot99

Love my Seam. As far as Giro helmets go:

G9 < G10 < Seam

I love my Seam as well. have not skied in it yet, just worn around the house. But it feels great and is lower profile than the numerous G-10's I have had over the past several years. I bash through the trees and take hard falls alot, so I get a new helmet every year.

In 6 years i have had 2 G-10's, 2 G-10MX's, a Smith Varient Brim last year, and the Seam for this year. As well as 2 race helmets over the years as well.

The fit of the G-10's and the Seam are very similar, but the Seam has a much smaller outside shell, giving a much smaller look. The Smith looked great, but I was very unhappy with the fit(it did vent awesome though)