• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I blame God

2knees

it's utterly ridiculous when athletes stand in front of microphones and praise god or jesus or allah or whatever for a big win. But the dude from the bills has taken this absurdity to a completely new level. Blaming God for dropping a sure touchdown. WOW....

deadheadskier

Staff member
You mean the same God that turned a dog killers life around would allow poor Mr. Johnson to drop a ball?

no way

ctenidae

it's utterly ridiculous when athletes stand in front of microphones and praise god or jesus or allah or whatever for a big win. But the dude from the bills has taken this absurdity to a completely new level. Blaming God for dropping a sure touchdown. WOW....

I kind of like it. Shows a little chutzpah.

I always have to wonder, if God is on our side, who is on theirs?

dmc

Well - If God didn't want him to catch the football then so be it... Maybe God had a bet with Buddha...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I think turn about is fair play.

The other thing you never hear is the "understood" aspect of thanking a deity for your victory... that your deity of choice therefore must have something against the team that lost.

Quite frankly, I would love to hear an athlete come out and say "heck no, I am not going to praise a deity for the win. It was because of my years of training and specialized talent, and our great teamwork and play calling. We out played them today, fair and square." That would be 100% win.

The thought that there is an invisible hand working things just blows my mind... especially in situations when there is a clear winner and loser. I guess I should just stop there before I really cut loose. :D ;)

darent

I think turn about is fair play.

The other thing you never hear is the "understood" aspect of thanking a deity for your victory... that your deity of choice therefore must have something against the team that lost.

Quite frankly, I would love to hear an athlete come out and say "heck no, I am not going to praise a deity for the win. It was because of my years of training and specialized talent, and our great teamwork and play calling. We out played them today, fair and square." That would be 100% win.

The thought that there is an invisible hand working things just blows my mind... especially in situations when there is a clear winner and loser. I guess I should just stop there before I really cut loose. :D ;)

oh go ahead and cut loose, I'll say it for ya- just another excuse to showboat and get a little face time, what ever happened to gracious competition.