• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekly Sundown Night Skiing Gathering?

Greg

Staff member
It seems there are a lot of folks planning to hit the mighty Sundown next season. 2knees and I were chatting via PM about maybe setting up a designated weeknight to ski the mountain next season. Might be cool to have an AZ gathering each week over there...

bvibert

Staff member
You know I'm down for something. It'll depend on my work schedule though..

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
This looks like fun. Its like a night without going to the gym or riding the stationary bike, ow ya its fun also.:beer:
Nice. Glad to hear you're gonna make the trip down every week, Bob! ;)

Vortex

Greg I'll make as many trips as you did up with us;) .:beer:

As for B--- Busting Tree_skier myself and Chile had 1.5 hour rides at least one way. Must just be NH is the best.:lol: Seriously. The night out is such a cool thing. You get more fresh snow chances that way.:snow: Every weekend was a 3 day ski weekend. Just had to make a pit stop at work on Monday

loafer89

We are going up to look at houses this weekend, and I think the commute to ski at Sundown/Mohawk will be one of the deciding factors in a home site.

Count me in for next season for sure. As it stands right now the new office is only 21 miles from Sundown.:spin: :cool:

2knees

loafer89 said:
We are going up to look at houses this weekend, and I think the commute to ski at Sundown/Mohawk will be one of the deciding factors in a home site.

Count me in for next season for sure. As it stands right now the new office is only 21 miles from Sundown.:spin: :cool:

good thing about sundown is that they sell their half day tickets in a 4 hour or 2 hour block so you can skip out of work early, buy a 2 hour ticket and still be home for dinner. a quickie, so to speak.

actually i went before work one morning also. very convenient.

bvibert

Staff member
FYI, I think those 2 hours deals are only available mid-week. I should also point out the 2 hour tickets are a result of the ticket scanning that everyone hates so much, they would have never done that before the scanners came along.. ;)

Greg

Staff member
I have no problem with scanning...provided several chairs aren't skipped in the process...

loafer89

2knees said:
good thing about sundown is that they sell their half day tickets in a 4 hour or 2 hour block so you can skip out of work early, buy a 2 hour ticket and still be home for dinner. a quickie, so to speak.

actually i went before work one morning also. very convenient.

When I told my wife how close Ski Sundown was to our new office, was she gave me quite a disdainfull look, you guys are not helping.

:flame: :uzi: :smash: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Greg

Staff member
Cool. Looks like we might be able to get a small group going this year! B - we'll get you mastering those bumps in no time!

2knees

The place is small enough and so centrally setup that you almost invariably are going to run into one another at one point. Figuratively speaking. I tend to get there around 7/7:30 and go until closing. But as we get closer to the season we could always setup a meeting time. If we were to say something like 8:00 pm at the sundeck, that gives the early and late arrivals time to gather themselves. just a thought.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
2knees said:
The place is small enough and so centrally setup that you almost invariably are going to run into one another at one point. Figuratively speaking. I tend to get there around 7/7:30 and go until closing. But as we get closer to the season we could always setup a meeting time. If we were to say something like 8:00 pm at the sundeck, that gives the early and late arrivals time to gather themselves. just a thought.
Early works best for me. I would most likely have to leave by 8.

2knees

it'll work out im sure. i, for one, am pretty flexible on timing. Last season i would go home first and get hit with, "honey, could you just......." before getting out the door again.

Greg

Staff member
2knees said:
it'll work out im sure. i, for one, am pretty flexible on timing. Last season i would go home first and get hit with, "honey, could you just......." before getting out the door again.
No kidding.

Maybe check in for a few minutes at the sundeck at the top of each hour? If the bumps are set up on Nor'easter, Pat and I will be easy to find... :spread:

bvibert

Staff member
2knees said:
Same here. It'll probably be easier for me to get out once my daughter has gone to sleep around 6:30/7. I'm sure I could make it out a few times earlier than that though.

Greg

Staff member
So....so far the potential Sundown crew is:

Greg
bvibert
ALLSKIING
2knees
loafer89

Any others? Beano? Catul?

Grassi21? I think you said you'll be hitting Sundown a lot next season.