• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Marmot Precip Jacket

deadheadskier

Staff member
Feedback?

Just picked one up as an xmas gift for my wife for spring/summer rainware. good product?

HD333

Good stuff the wife and I both have them. They breath pretty well, got hers of SAC for like 50 mine was like 100. So anywhere in that range and you picked up a good jacket at a fair price.

deadheadskier

Staff member
uh, shouldn't you ask BEFORE you buy ;-)

It's not for me. If it were, I'd do the pre-purchase research. :lol:

I just happened to drive by REI and was like damn, if I don't go in there and buy something now, the 24th will arrive and I'll be scramblin'

Thanks HD. Probably could've hunted for a better price than $99, but see statement #2. ;)

SKIQUATTRO

great jacket, i have the aegis, wanted the precip but due to a shipping mishap i got the aegis at the precip pricing....love it....trying to determine now if i can use it as a ski jacket with a softshell vest or jacket underneath....i have alot of marmot gear, holds up well

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I don't have the precip but I do have a DriClim windshirt. That jacket is unreal. Its become almost a second skin. I imagine the precip must be completely bomb proof for rainy days. I have worn my not waterproof and heavily breathable DriClim in nearly pouring rain and stayed completely dry under the jacket. I've had really good experiences with Marmot stuff.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have a new Marmot Softshell and a Marmot Polartec top. I really like them both.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
I love Marmot stuff. Just got a Precip and like it so far since I've never had a decent rain jacket. Very light-weight. The hood has a psuedo-visor which is nice. It takes a little bit to find all the drawstrings and dial them in for a good fit. Seems like it runs a little big too, at least the mens seems to.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Seems like it runs a little big too, at least the mens seems to.
Yea, all of my Marmot stuff runs about 1/2+ size larger. Except for their power fleece stuff, that is pretty true to size. But the next size down was still a tag to snug so I am making due with a little extra space.