• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

5/21/06 Severe Storms

Zand

Temp just dropped from 68 to 38 in 7 minutes here. Had penny sized hail and 70 MPH wind gusts. There's a big fire in town from the lightning. We've been under a warning for 45 minutes, but it's set to expire in 2. It's pretty bad for a May storm, I can't imagine what will happen in July.

ChileMass

Hail and wind here just on the other side of Worcester, but not as bad as what you describe....thank God it's supposed to be sunny all week.....

loafer89

Nothing more than a rumble of thunder about 2 hours ago, and some pesky showers to
dodge while working in the yard.

The temperature is dropping down through 60F and is now at 56F with 40F expected as a low tonight.

Usually we use the air conditioner at least a few times by now, but we only used it once this year for a few hours, it's been really cool.

loafer89

Zand said:
You won't be saying that much longer. 80s next weekend.

80's would be nice, but we get a fairly strong seabreeze on the north shore after about 1-2pm that usually knocks the temperatures down fairly quick in the evening.

The forecast is calling for 77F on saturday and near 80F on sunday. I am going to keep my pool closed until we get back from Las Vegas on June 9th. No point in opening it this week with temps in the 60's and low's near 40F