• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Butternut - 1/24/04

skijay

Date skied: 1/24/04

Ski Area: Butternut

Conditons: Packed snow, some scratchy parts, over all excellent

Trip Report:

I was on the quad at 8:20am. The temperature at the base was 2 degrees above zero at that time. Thankfully no wind today. I did Upper Applejack as the first run. I did about 7 runs off of the quad going down all of the open terrain from the quad. I did one run on Main street taking the Highline double and then and then headed over to the Overbrook triple for 4 runs. It was about 11:30am when I left. When I left the line at the quad was only about 20 deep. Not bad for a Saturday. The learning area was crowded as was the upper lodge.

It was great to ski Main Street, Upper Applejack and Freewheeler as these were all closed the last time I was at Butternut.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for te B'nut report. It's cool to have someone else on the boards that goes there often to keep on top of the conditions. Looks like this week's snow should really do wonders for the Berkshire resorts. May even get another clipper on Friday. This weekend should be great. I'm off to Jiminy on Sunday.