• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Damaged edge, think it'll be fixable?

SkiingInABlueDream

I've never had an edge blowout like this. Usually the edge gets yanked sideways out of the ski when I skid turn over unintended rock. But here the edge is actually separated downward from the sidewall of the ski and the base is probably separated from the layer above it.

No legitimate skid turn would grab and edge like that - I think it's a manufacturing defect.:lol: In all seriousness it probably happened when I tumbled on Starr saturday.

View attachment 4099

skidbump

Bring it to shop that sold and see if you can get warranty if not bring it to a reputable shop and have them patch edge and repair base separation

wa-loaf

If you are a do it yourselfer, you can buy edge sections, edge screws, and epoxy online. A place like Tognar.com will also have tutorials on how to do it.

WoodCore

That ski is burnt toast! You must have had an epic crash!

snoseek

If you are a do it yourselfer, you can buy edge sections, edge screws, and epoxy online. A place like Tognar.com will also have tutorials on how to do it.

Agreed, it can be fixed.