• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

North Face Fleece care

gmcunni

i have a black north face fleece jacket. i love it. my only problem is that when i occationally get around to washing it, it comes out of the dryer covered in tiny white lint balls.

i've tried the tape roller but it doesn't seem to work well. anybody have a good solution?

wa-loaf

LOL, well, there weren't any light colors in the wash or dryer but i guess i could try washing and drying it all by itself.

really though, make sure the lint filter is totally clean. use a dryer sheet they help prevent static. and if it really is that much of a prob your fleece might be too pilled up and it's time for a new one.

caddis

Wash? Define this term of which you speak. Sorry to hear about your lint problems, my fleece is all good infact it's standing up next to my socks as we speak.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
really though, make sure the lint filter is totally clean. use a dryer sheet they help prevent static. and if it really is that much of a prob your fleece might be too pilled up and it's time for a new one.

Dryer sheets inhibit the properties of synthetic fabrics. Don't use them on your tech wear. The film they leave behind messes them up--will make wicking fabrics lose that ability, for example.

Black Phantom

i have a black north face fleece jacket. i love it. my only problem is that when i occationally get around to washing it, it comes out of the dryer covered in tiny white lint balls.

i've tried the tape roller but it doesn't seem to work well. anybody have a good solution?

Wash inside out.
Use powder detergent only on your gear.
Hang it to dry.

wa-loaf

Dryer sheets inhibit the properties of synthetic fabrics. Don't use them on your tech wear. The film they leave behind messes them up--will make wicking fabrics lose that ability, for example.

Meh, for my top layer/wear around the house fleece I don't care so much. My base layers are mostly merino and they get hung up to dry.