• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mammoth Mountain, C.A June 6th, 2006

loafer89

Area skied: Mammoth Mountain, California.

Date Skied: June 6th, 2006.

Surface conditions: spring corn, slush.

After a long (315) mile drive through the Amargosa Desert from Las Vegas we arrived at Mammoth Resort at 11:30am.

Weather conditions where very warm with 72F at the main lodge (8,900 feet) so we skied in our shell pants with a short sleeve shirt.

We skied 6 runs between noon and 2:30pm on Broadway, Stump Jumper and the Face Chutes near the summit. The gondola is being serviced today so it was only possible to ski from 10,800' and not from the true summit at 11,041'.

The mountain is very large, but alot of it is above treeline and grommed to death. Hopefully we will find some moguls/tree skiing tomorrow, but the sking is still fun and it is nearly summer.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
loafer89 said:
Area skied: Mammoth Mountain, California.

Date Skied: June 6th, 2006.

Surface conditions: spring corn, slush.

After a long (315) mile drive through the Amargosa Desert from Las Vegas we arrived at Mammoth Resort at 11:30am.

Weather conditions where very warm with 72F at the main lodge (8,900 feet) so we skied in our shell pants with a short sleeve shirt.

We skied 6 runs between noon and 2:30pm on Broadway, Stump Jumper and the Face Chutes near the summit. The gondola is being serviced today so it was only possible to ski from 10,800' and not from the true summit at 11,041'.

The mountain is very large, but alot of it is above treeline and grommed to death. Hopefully we will find some moguls/tree skiing tomorrow, but the sking is still fun and it is nearly summer.
Sweet Loafer.....I know you have a a ton of pics....I hope.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Bob R said:
Wow. lift serviced in june. I would be a happy man. We will wait for pictures .. well not for long.
still lift serviced at snowbird in UT as well. though they are officially closed, they are allowing skiers and riders onto the tram as summer tourists. :lol:

loafer89

Warren and I have been skiing since 6/6 and we are driving back today.

Currently we are in the Panorama gondola and will ski from the top together, it is cold at the top at 28F, but it is nice and sunny.

Pics will be posted when I get home on sunday.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
loafer89 said:
Warren and I have been skiing since 6/6 and we are driving back today.

Currently we are in the Panorama gondola and will ski from the top together, it is cold at the top at 28F, but it is nice and sunny.

Pics will be posted when I get home on sunday.

That's not good enough.

Pic's now.

Argggh.

loafer89

Sorry, but other than some grainy pics with my smart phone, I have no way to send them to the board.

The snow is softening up nicely and some bumps and chutes are going to be skied in the next hour before I leave.

loafer89

Here are some pictures from June 6th, we arrived late that day (12pm) so the snow was on the slushy side.

Warren skiing Cornice Bowl, with the Minarets in the background:

WarrenskiingCorniceBowl.jpg

St Anton:

StAnton.jpg