• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Washington!

Mike P.

What kind of pain? Boots, back pain or just the general leg soreness from a decent length climb of roughly 4,000 feet.

Most trips up Washington are not wilderness adventures but they are fun. What trails did you take up? Im' heading upfro fun trip 13 next weekend weather permitting.

Oh, BTW, Welcome!

MelNino

Website
www.picturetrail.com
Tux, Boott Spur, Davis Path, Lawn Cut Off going up. ( not the biggest fan of Davis or Lawn, hhahahhaa)

Took Lion's Head to Tux down. I really enjoyed Lion's Head. That was a fun trail, esp going down it.

Knee pain mainly, I have very weak kness...I was wearing braces, but, well, a 10 hour hike will hurt ya! I loved it though, and can't wait to back.

I hope you have great weather.....we had fog going up, but it was nice as we hiked down.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
any pics of the snow in tux? wondering how it is faring after all the rain. thankfully not much hot weather though, so i am sure plenty of opportunity for patch skiing in the weekends to come.

MelNino

Website
www.picturetrail.com
154856945.jpg

Looking into the ravine...most of the trail is still closed

thetrailboss

Staff member
MelNino said:
Just came back from my first time hiking up Mt Washington! So much fun, but damn, was I in pain afterward!!

In this weather? Must have been an interesting day. :blink:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
cool, thanks for the pic! that is a great area to hike in. looks like plenty of turns still left to be had in the sluice run out area, plenty of snow left! left gully looks a little narrow even for my liking and everything else is too shot or dangerous to be worth while.

cheers and welcome to AZ. looking forward to reports from your future hikes.

Mike P.

That terrain is tough on knees & ankles, lots of uneven rocks, especially from that side & higher up, One of the resaons why I prefer hitting Washington from the other side as Gulfside & C-Path have much better footing & less elevation gain also.

Plenty of gym & machine exercises in order to help strengthen the muscles of the legs & knees to help some. Walking & biking help too.