• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Az ski racing teams

Vortex

Well... Update

Chilemass due to work issues will not be able to join our AZ Pat's team this year. He joined and drove a long way last year to help make it go, but it just won't work out this year. I appreciated having him around. He and TB were the 1st people I made an outing with. We had alot of fun you will be missed. Come visit.

Please send me a PM if your interested. We have 1 opening it runs from the 1st week of Jan until mid March. We will again race on Monday nights. Being able to make it every night is very important. I can give specifics if needed.

I have not got a the final details this year but probably around $100 per person. I have a couple non board members interested in joining. I will let this run for a week and then make a decision. The final choice will be made by msyelf and Ga2ski. He is our co-captain and worked with me to get this going originally. All past other members Scott, Tree_skier, roark, Charlie, Ga2ski and myself are still on board. As long as you pay Tree_skiers bills and don't question his fancy outfits your welcome. I still am trying to get a 2nd team formed for that night also. thankx

roark

hmmm, now there is a "international racer" ad as well. Wonder what would happen if I posted 'liposuction' 100 times in a thread?

roark

While we'd love to have a ringer sign up more intermediate types shouldn't be scared. When I signed up last year I'd never run though gates in my life. Taking part in this last year vastly improved pretty much all aspects my skiing. And I met some great ski buds.

roark

One of my wife's co-workers is interested. He's never raced but sounds like a competent skier. He's my age and I expect probably a little better than I was last year. He also lives near by. I'll drop him an email and see if he's wants to post here.

Ga2: what about your wife, I remember you saying she was intersted? Or is that too difficult with the little one?

ga2ski

Well Kate will do participate if needed. We wanted to open it up to members of the board first. Plus I have a new co-worker that used to race at Gunstock last year. I have never seen him ski, but apparently he is an avid skier, because in his first week, he asked HR if the company did had any ski outings. Now that's my kind of new hire.

Charlie Schuessler

ga2ski said:
...I have a new co-worker that used to race at Gunstock last year...apparently he is an avid skier, because in his first week, he asked HR if the company did had any ski outings. Now that's my kind of new hire.

The recruiter deserves a bonus :)

Vortex

I'll let it run if you want. I really just wanted to finish it off so I had less work to do to be honest. I'll back off. Sept and oct it starts to get more serious with registration and payment.

I figured if we set our final team we could move on to the 2nd team. Your right its back on.