• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you smoke?

Do you Smoke?

• Yes

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • Sparingly, or just tried it

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Cigars only

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Ex-smoker

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Professional quitter

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

bdfreetuna

Pro quitter. I don't like regular cigarettes, but I like rolled tobacco. Lately I've been buying e-cigs here and there, and occasionally some nicotine losenges when I feel like I want a smoke.

I didn't smoke for about 5 years prior to starting again earlier this year. Used to just quit whenever with no problems. Seems a little harder this time around but I'm stepping down with the e-cigs. At least keeping my lungs healthy.

ERJ-145CA

I quit smoking two years ago using e-cigs, I haven't had one tobacco cig since I got my e-cigs and I haven't wanted one. My mindset going into switching to e-cigs was that I was replacing cigarettes with e-cigs, not quitting and it worked. Now I really only use e-cigs on my ride to and from work but it wasn't a conscious choice to cut back on e-cigs, it just happened.

steamboat1

Just thinking of coworkers who might buy them. My coworkers use to buy the cheap Indian price cigarettes, but they started taxing online sales of that.
It takes me an hour to drive to the reservation, buy direct, no computer taxes. I was just there Tuesday. $10 a carton for loose bagged cigs. Packaged cigs were $20-$25 a carton. Much better than the $12.50 a pack they charge in the city.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I smoked cloves in college. I still keep a pack around and probably smoke about a pack a year, maybe? Usually when having a party in the summer I will have one or two at night. But that's about it.

I also enjoy cigars now and again, I probably smoke 1 or 2 per year.

Although it's been a while now, I think the last time I had a clove was like last February.

Not a fan of regular cigarettes at all.

ctenidae

:eek: $12.50 a pack? Are you serious? Is that in NYC proper? Glad I don't smoke anymore, I though $8 a pack was high in MA

I remember telling myself I'd quit when they hit $2 a pack. Of course, it was the early 90's in North Carolina, but still...

skiNEwhere

Woa bump from the past. I smoked when I first made this thread, it's been over 2 years since I quit cold turkey. Still get cravings occasionally though.

57stevey

3 years this coming Monday. Chantix. Hope I didn't wait too long.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Quit cold Turkey last summer. Feel great except I gained 20#. I tripled my exercise regimen when I quit, drink far less booze and eat better than before and it just packed on. Weight stabilized around December and I still haven't shed the weight. Pretty amazing how much nicotine boosts metabolism in my family. Many ex-smokers in the family and we've all had the same experience.

gmcunni

started smoking around age of 13 (both parents smoked) 1977?? cigarettes cost $0.75 / pack at the gas station vending machine.

smoked pack a day in high school up to age 25. quit cold turkey day after 25th birthday. now @ 50 i'm smoke free for 25 years.

Edd

Smoked up to a pack a day off and on between ages 16 - 24. Haven't smoked in over 20 years.

ScottySkis

Hope everyone soons quit smoking tobacco. Cancer sucks and so many other health issues due to tobacco.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Been interested in it but know nothing about it.. Any advice

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

They have disposables as a means of trying it.

A few years ago, I invested about $150 in a fancy Volcano set up. I had long time smoking friends who gave up the "analogue" cigarette and went fully "digital" with vaping. I'm guessing there are still some bad health side effects from vaping too, but it has to not be as bad for you as smoking. I tried it, multiple flavors and dose amounts and did not like it. It scratched the nicotine itch a bit, but it really just made me want the real thing. Kind of like vegetarian bacon. :lol: I ended up giving the vaping kit to another friend. Didn't work for him either.

Cold Turkey and reading Alan Carr's "The Easy Way" was the right way to quit for me. I also was motivated by my wife being pregnant. I knew I definitely did not want to be a parent who smoked. I know nicotine replacement therapy (gums, lozengers, vaping, etc.) works for others, but I needed to break my body's physical addiction to nicotine in order to quit. Anytime trying NRT in the past, I wound up smoking again in a week or two.

I've passed the six month mark and still get cravings fairly frequently, but I think I'm in the clear and will never smoke again.

ScottySkis

Tobacco that is, for those of you who would be thinking amoung other lines.....

Unfortunately I do, have been for about 8 months now, mostly because of boredom

Hope you quit or try e cigarette. My close family member dad who is only 52 in great shape when u see him has heart issues from smoking a pack + a day . just found out he probably need bypass surgery only bad habits is smoking tobacco. If you must smoke enjoy MJ.